6th Round draw (Wigan it is)

gordondaviesmoustache said:
sir baconface said:
Will this be the best welcome an opposing manager has ever had? I'm trying to think of any comparable precedent.

Billy McNeil when he came back with Villa.

I never understood why McNeil got a good reception.Sure he got us promoted but when deadly Doug came calling he was off quicker than a strippers clothes!

He also said Villa was such a big club he couldn't turn them down.He didn't last long.He has since said it was the biggest mistake he made but it didn't stop him fucking off.

mrtwiceaseason said:
Marvin said:
M9 Blue said:
Malcolm Allison on the pitch when he came back with Norwich in the 80's,i think John Bond was in charge and we did them 6-0
I was at that game. I don't think Allison ever managed Norwich.
dont remember him at norwich would it be palace ?
Sorry i.m getting old,yes i meant palace.The brain cell typed Norwich when i thought of John bond.

paulchapo said:
sir baconface said:
Will this be the best welcome an opposing manager has ever had? I'm trying to think of any comparable precedent.

I never understood why McNeil got a good reception.Sure he got us promoted but when deadly Doug came calling he was off quicker than a strippers clothes!

He also said Villa was such a big club he couldn't turn them down.He didn't last long.He has since said it was the biggest mistake he made but it didn't stop him fucking off.

Billy McNeil ended up taking two teams down that season, us and Villa.

paulchapo said:
sir baconface said:

I was joking mate. He was given a torrid time when he bought Villa to Maine Road the season he left us to go there. Great atmosphere in the Kippax that day. Both teams were relegated that season, so well done Billy.

He's since got a good reception and fair play. He left us in a better state than he found us - just.

paulchapo said:

I was joking mate. He was given a torrid time when he bought Villa to Maine Road the season he left us to go there. Great atmosphere in the Kippax that day. Both teams were relegated that season, so well done Billy.

He's since got a good reception and fair play. He left us in a better state than he found us - just.

No thanks to Swales who promised him funds if he got us promoted which typically never materialised, meaning we ended up with cheap fixes and freebies. I couldn't really blame McNeill or any other manager for buggering off after being shafted by Swales.

paulchapo said:

I thought.It was all the ''Villa being a bigger club'' shit that wound everyone up.He was introduced to the crowd recently before a game and i still booed the tosser,lol!

Re: 6th Round draw (all in here please)

bobmcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
People seem to have forgotten we have already slammed five past this mob this season?

Got to say, should Arsenal somehow beat Liverpool, this domestic treble is definitely on.

Brilliant draw and means we can be choosier with out team selection three days prior to the Barca return.

Yeah but we put 7 past Norwich then ... Nothing. Obviously being at home makes a difference but we still have to respect them

Hear Hear. The egg chasing six fingered pie munching bastards.

de niro said:
manchester blue said:
stavros said:
if we get through , will the semi final be at wembley again?

Yes, this season is costing me a fortune!!

Thinking that, do we dare duck a semi final though if we get through?

Like last year I think they'll ensure the big tie would be the semi to get the big clubs fans to go because they know the smaller clubs will go to both games anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.