7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was in a fatal car crash when he was young and obviously very traumatic.
His mother was killed in the crash while driving Joao and his brother to a training session.
It affected him so much that he had thought about giving up football as a career

He’s a player that imo struggles because he doesn’t have a ‘best’ position. I’d say he was more of a LB then a RB but wouldn’t commit to either. It’s strange that he doesn’t want to be played out of position all the time because i assume he must consider himself a RB. We’d probably get decent money for him and on that basis and if it’s true he wants to go I’d be happy for him to move on.

He’s a player that imo struggles because he doesn’t have a ‘best’ position. I’d say he was more of a LB then a RB but wouldn’t commit to either. It’s strange that he doesn’t want to be played out of position all the time because i assume he must consider himself a RB. We’d probably get decent money for him and on that basis and if it’s true he wants to go I’d be happy for him to move on.

Tbh I think he is worse as a RB than he is as a LB , and has always looked to be wanting.

Just red my post again ( fucking Camelot) bastard txt , Cancelo has told the club that he wants to leave. He doesn’t want to be played out of position all the time apparently.
I wish we could just get back to the old boring ways of playing footballers in their actual positions

Whatever his actual position is, I've always thought he should be left back.... in the dressing room.

Don't rate the bloke whatsoever.

When we're dominant in possession and need something creative from elsewhere he can be absolutely brilliant. That ball to Haaland against Dortmund for example - though it still took some finish!

But his mindset seems to be that he is the creative threat at all times, when he really needs to just support the actual attacking players ahead of him by giving them the ball and giving them space. Walker could bomb up and down the wing all day long, but he doesn't. He makes sure he offers himself as an option, largely to stretch the opposition and give space to the winger. More often than not he's ignored and then has to bomb it back. Cancelo wants three or four touches whilst our winger just stands there and is redundant. And then he's often awol when we're defending.

When we're dominant in possession and need something creative from elsewhere he can be absolutely brilliant. That ball to Haaland against Dortmund for example - though it still took some finish!

But his mindset seems to be that he is the creative threat at all times, when he really needs to just support the actual attacking players ahead of him by giving them the ball and giving them space. Walker could bomb up and down the wing all day long, but he doesn't. He makes sure he offers himself as an option, largely to stretch the opposition and give space to the winger. More often than not he's ignored and then has to bomb it back. Cancelo wants three or four touches whilst our winger just stands there and is redundant. And then he's often awol when we're defending.
Agree. Playing this version of Cancelo behind Foden is killing Phil. I don't think Phil is enjoying this one bit. Call it whatever one likes, but I'm backing Foden, all day. every day. Foden looked good in the WC and good v Chelsea in the middle. Something has to give.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.