7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
All about opinions, at least mine has been the same since we signed him, never was a good enough defender and never my first choice on either flank so him going doesn't bother me.

I dare say plenty here defending him have slagged him off plenty at times and I expect a few who have praised him have said let him go it's the same hypocrisy we are seeing about Zinc.

Depends if Peps ultimate goal is 3 at the back and no LB or RB, Ake does that job for Holland and him and Stones are quite comfortable operating left and right of a back 3 as it seems to be atm.

If Pep still wants a back 4 a LB this window would be preferable bit we may have to wait till summer.

Cancelo either isn't in the plan of Pep or he is having a hissy fit because lewis has gone ahead of him as the prefered inverted fullback

Hissy fits are not well received by Pep, so if that is the problem, it's looking like an imminent wave goodbye .

the problem is we need a couple of proper left backs and not players who can do an OK job,
let's get this sorted now or in the summer, but enough is enough and if players are not happy then show them the door, anybody moaning about being at Manchester city need to give their head a wobble

the problem is we need a couple of proper left backs and not players who can do an OK job,
let's get this sorted now or in the summer, but enough is enough and if players are not happy then show them the door, anybody moaning about being at Manchester city need to give their head a wobble
Exactly. Paid £150,000 odd a week to play for the best team in England, winning trophies every season.
No doubt in my mind the armed robbery situation has affected the guy and his family, but there’s dignified ways of going about seeking an exit. A poor attitude in training, half arsed performances and mouthing off before games is not the way to go about it. The guy just seems an arse if I’m honest.

Exactly. Paid £150,000 odd a week to play for the best team in England, winning trophies every season.
No doubt in my mind the armed robbery situation has affected the guy and his family, but there’s dignified ways of going about seeking an exit. A poor attitude in training, half arsed performances and mouthing off before games is not the way to go about it. The guy just seems an arse if I’m honest.

the armed robbery situation could happen in any city in Europe, so if he and his family are running away from it, or he wants to move away because he feels unsafe in Manchester then OK, but if it's all down to not being in the first team and playing every week, then sorry you're not good ? you have to earn your place in this city team, not walk right back into it after a dip in form,

like I said, Manchester city are short of left wing backs or left backs and have been for a long time, teams has worked us out and seen the weakness with Cancelo defending and punished us in the very big games.

So if he does not fancy being a squad player and cover at left back, then please leave, the couple of great young players in the EDS and first team squad in Rico Lewis and Joshua Wilson Esbrand so your 3rd choice at right back,

I think he's getting a rough ride to be honest, for a while the best full back in the world, creating chances has dropped dramatically since he's out of the team, Ake and Rico aren't the answers now at full back, that's why the ball keeps coming back, we have the best goalscorer in the world and we need fullbacks bombing on, overlapping, we won't win the league or champions league with 2 defensive fullbacks...
He clearly had issues with the National team, so I don't think we are 100% the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.