7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep's biggest fan here, but I'm not sure Pep is completely blameless. Overplayed Cancelo and then was harsh on him when he lost form and made mistakes. Cancelo didn't take it well and the rest....

Highly bold decision, hopefully will bolster team morale. I'm worried about the season, though.

Pedro Porto come on down? Also Pep must be piiiiiiiissed at him to allow this kind of move this late

Maybe Mendy out of jail soon and we will have replacement :D

Understand the managers demands? Cancel over the last 2 years has been integral and fully happy to play wherever Pep wants him to, LB, RB, LWB, RWB, inside midfield - he hasn't moaned. This year he's been left out to dry. I actually don't blame Cancelo. The worry is Pep has also fell out with Laporte, Walker and Foden (Potentially Bernardo). That's 5 major players in our title winning teams. This is a HUGE transition and it makes sense that we're really struggling at the moment. Keep the faith though, sure the board and Pep have a plan!

Cancelo is clearly a cancer in the dressing room. On form he might be a great player but sometimes that’s not worth all the baggage it brings, especially if he’s dragging down others with him as seems to be the case.

£61.5m option to buy apparently. For an out-of-form defender nearly 29, that's not shafted at all.

His fate was sealed in my opinion when Pep referred to him as 'Mr. Cancelo'.
I'd agree that's a great deal but is it true? Bayern could be crafty and not take up the option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.