7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a high risk if we've no one lined up as I think Lewis has a lot to learn before he's a regular starter over Walker and Cancelo.

Feel a bit mixed about this:

Without stating the obvious it leaves us light and I have a real issue with the fact it isn’t an obligation to buy at 70m, which would massively sweeten things.

On the flip side we don’t want negative energy around the camp when we need a united squad to make a big push in the second half of this season. Also, as brilliant as he is for some reason I’ve never took to him- maybe a feeling he would always leave eventually or his immaturity at time…

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Never been great defensively but at least offered something going forwards. This season, was poor before the world cup and worse since. If he's got an attitude problem to go with the poor displays, he can enjoy Munich or wherever else he ends up. Just wish it was a requirement rather than option to buy, but guess that's the problem of trying to offload someone this late in the window.

Only concern is if the opposition target Alvarez's lack of height...

He contributed a lot to our success.
His peaks were very high but never lasted more than like a month. Because he's flashy and the role he's asked to play is(was) different to any other fullback he became very highly rated... which if you watched him week in week out for us, you'll know he is massively overrated. Defending is average at best, his final ball, apart from some lovely assists, was 90% shite, same for his shooting, for the few that would fly in the back of the net there'd be about 50 inbetween that he blazed over the bar.
Though I liked his always willingness to try and go past players, his take-on % isnt great, about 50%, which isn't ideal when you're a fullback. If Bayern pay 70mil it'll be good business imo, it's just a big IF they will.

Cancelo is clearly somewhat tempremental so it might be better to let him go on loan.

Rico is clearly trusted to start big games at RB and he and Walker are a good pair of options at RB.

I expect we won't go out and make a last minute LB sigining (not out style) but we really should. As good as Ake is defensively, he doesn't provide the attacking options that we really need. He is improving though game by game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.