7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s a shame. In a position we are so short in. Hope it doesn’t cost us with the run in. Difficult to accept the clubs message that we have enough cover. We really don’t but I imagine a lack of options out there at left back I guess contributing to this.

Feel like a loan isn’t really good for us. Would have been better to bank the money but I what do I know about the ins and outs of a well run football club.

No ill feeling towards Cancelo. Done well for us and has had a tough time after the burglary etc.

I wish him well.

He contributed a lot to our success.
His peaks were very high but never lasted more than like a month. Because he's flashy and the role he's asked to play is(was) different to any other fullback he became very highly rated... which if you watched him week in week out for us, you'll know he is massively overrated. Defending is average at best, his final ball, apart from some lovely assists, was 90% shite, same for his shooting, for the few that would fly in the back of the net there'd be about 50 inbetween that he blazed over the bar.
Though I liked his always willingness to try and go past players, his take-on % isnt great, about 50%, which isn't ideal when you're a fullback. If Bayern pay 70mil it'll be good business imo, it's just a big IF they will.
Fair post. Honestly it felt like if the winger got level with him 90% time the ball was going past him into the box.

He's a little melt. A lot of these Portuguese players seem to have attitude/mentality problems. He's talented and had a period for us where he was fantastic. But more often than not he was anything but. We won't miss him.

Hope his compatriot Bernardo soon follows him out the door.

For those mentioning the robbery and that having an effect on him wanting to move, also worth remembering that he signed a new deal after the robbery and thanked the club for supporting him massively.

Personally, I'm abit gutted he's gone cos he is brilliant on his day. But if they are that desperate to move him on, he must be being a nightmare behind the scenes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.