7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the disrespect he is getting from certain posters on here is shocking. By all means back the club if that’s what you want to do but his ability is undeniable and we will be worse off without him
I wish him well but personally never rated him, is that a crime?

He's a defensive nightmare.

We've already seen him cost us 6 points this season.. the most stunning of which were at Liverpool but this isn't a new thing.

Real Madrid semi final.. he played Benzema on for the comeback.

Dias told everyone to move up.. and everyone moves up except Cancelo who backpedals

I dont know if you remember our UCL first round knockout game againts madrid in 2019/20 at the Etihad, he got absolutely skinned by Rodrygo who crossed it in for Benzema to score.

He'll be back in pre-season because Bayern will not pay 70m for him, if theres one thing i know about Germans is that they value hard work and efficiency two things Cancelo does not have.

That Jose Alvarez guy called it pretty on spot this few days ago that Cancelo is very much in "trouble".

He's brought the deal to City, which means Mendes has hawked him around at got lucky.

Pretty crazy when you think about this. Gaughan has reported he was unhappy at only starting 3 games out of 10 since the world cup.

The first game after the world cup was a month ago on Saturday. 33 days ago.

So in the space of 33 days he got unhappy, became a bad influence and then got his agent to fix him a move.

If you think that the first 3 of those 10 games we rotated heavily to ease people back from the world cup, then realise Mendes probably can't set this up in 2 days...it means he quit after being out of favour for about 3 weeks.

And in those 3 weeks he started a cup 1/4 final, a derby and a league game against Chelsea.

Good player but very inconsistent and if he isn't happy, then it's right to move him on.

Not as big a loss as it would have been considering Ake's form and that we are seemingly trying to play with 3 at the back much of the time.

Even at his best he made daft mistakes defensively and he wasn't at his best often enough. If he is now being disruptive then showing him the door pronto is the only and correct answer. I don't expect a replacement, Walker/Lewis and Ake it is. If Ake is injured the Laporte can cover as long as he is not a mardy arse as well.

Instead of net spend trophy I do hope this summer we go out to the transfer market and make others sit up and take notice and make another 3 signings making as big waves as Haaland.

Bellingham, Messi and a top LB
:)

Pretty crazy when you think about this. Gaughan has reported he was unhappy at only starting 3 games out of 10 since the world cup.

The first game after the world cup was a month ago on Saturday. 33 days ago.

So in the space of 33 days he got unhappy, became a bad influence and then got his agent to fix him a move.

If you think that the first 3 of those 10 games we rotated heavily to ease people back from the world cup, then realise Mendes probably can't set this up in 2 days...it means he quit after being out of favour for about 3 weeks.

And in those 3 weeks he started a cup 1/4 final, a derby and a league game against Chelsea.
But didn’t the story in the press about him and others being unhappy come after those games ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.