7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
An injury to Aké and we’ll struggle.

Gomez is shit, Laporte is a centre back, and that’s all we have. On top of that we already have injury prone defenders, plus Cancelo is a decent attacking option.

Fucking stupid decision.

Looked unhappy to me all season. Can remember him scoring a decent goal against Southampton and him angrily putting his finger to his ear whilst looking at the crowd. Some said at the time it was because he didn't have his own chant! Never believed that for one second and it's quite pathetic if that was the case.

Struggling to think of a player whose form has fallen off a cliff so much in such a short space of time. I think he signed a new contract last year and I would have argued he was one of the best full backs in the world.

Can't see Bayern taking up the option to buy him. 61.5 million is a substantial amount of money for German teams that operate their finances far more sensibly.

If he has been stinking the place out sulking it's good that he's gone and may explain some of the indifferent performances from the team throughout the season. Hopefully an example to others that they will be shown the door if they don't toe the
Looked unhappy to me all season. Can remember him scoring a decent goal against Southampton and him angrily putting his finger to his ear whilst looking at the crowd. Some said at the time it was because he didn't have his own chant! Never believed that for one second and it's quite pathetic if that was the case.

Struggling to think of a player whose form has fallen off a cliff so much in such a short space of time. I think he signed a new contract last year and I would have argued he was one of the best full backs in the world.

Can't see Bayern taking up the option to buy him. 61.5 million is a substantial amount of money for German teams that operate their finances far more sensibly.

If he has been stinking the place out sulking it's good that he's gone and may explain some of the indifferent performances from the team throughout the season. Hopefully an example to others that they will be shown the door if they don't toe the line.
and that’s what
An injury to Aké and we’ll struggle.

Gomez is shit, Laporte is a centre back, and that’s all we have. On top of that we already have injury prone defenders, plus Cancelo is a decent attacking option.

Fucking stupid decision.
It’s really not mate

For what it's worth, it probably is worth pointing out that neither Zinny nor Cancelo were left backs either.
You can add Gomez to that list...'forwards can be defenders but not the other way around’ - not a ( I’m pro defenders) quote. THIS - We need to respect positions more, when I say ‘we’ I mean whoever is in charge.

When he said the bit I’ve bolded above he actually stumbled over his words and looked like he was going to say “well except maybe…” but then caught himself and stopped.

I thought it was a weird language thing at the time and pretty much dismissed it but it is now obvious what he was thinking.

Would love to hear it again to make sure I wasn’t imagining things…
I remember thinking at the time it occurred to Pep that maybe there was one person in the dressing room that wouldn't be happy with Ake doing well in the team, but be was glossing over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.