7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s sad that he seems to be a bit of a cock.
Glad to see him go, Can’t say he has ever been a favourite of mine
He sulks, play acts, can’t defend and plays the off outside foot pass twice a season.
He looks the kind of bloke who doesn’t have any mates as he is a mard arse - he changes clubs a lot which to me tells me he doesn’t have any fight in him and leaves when it gets tough
As for 70m - not a fucking chance
I’d take chilwell in a heart beat over Cancello

Last edited:
Ake has been fantastic, but going forward he offers nowhere near as much as Cancelo did. Yes he scored against Arsenal which was big, but overall Cancelo just has so much more in his locker. Ake is very, very good but his best position is centre-back
And Cancelo offered nowhere near as much defensive cover as Ake does

Oh for the days of a left back who can defend and attack

I couldn’t give a shit how much we sell him for , he won’t be setting foot at City again , we paid £60m for him on a 4/5 year contract -we’ve had two years out of him that equates to approx £25m in value , £25m is about right on the clubs books. Other clubs will also see why he’s left previous clubs , so that downgrades any potential transfer away from City.He’s one of those players who feels “misunderstood” and that it’s never his fault , good riddance, he had a face like a slapped arse anyway!
We didnt really pay 60m for him. That was book balancing so we could show a profit on Danilo - no way he was worth the 29m we show for his sale. More reasonably, Danilo worth about 15m and Cancelo was effectively bought for net 46.5m. I think we will get more than 25m - maybe 35-40m in the summer

He's been one of our stand-out players for the last 2-3 years. Arguably one of the best full-backs in the world, and so creative and valuable when he tucks into the midfield.

Yes, he's had a couple bad months of form, but so has Foden, guessing you'd want to sell him too then?

People have short-term memory. 3 bad months does not make him any less world-class. The only explanation for this is if he and Pep had a falling out

Fair enough if you think that August till January is a few months of poor form.
For me, it is just too long to wait for a player to find himself. City compete to be Champions in 4 competitions every season against both top competitors and the lower ones who treat us like a Cup Final. We don't get the luxury of carrying passengers for 6 months.

And if the falling out with Pep rumor is true, then I'm happy to see him in the Bundesliga. No ill will. Certainly not forgetting his contributions to trophies past... Just business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.