7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, the here and now does count; which is why losing a player of his experience when we've got a fight on our hands in the second half of the season is lunacy. The reality is, when both are on song, Cancelo is a superior fullback to Ake. Would Cancelo have played his way back into form? We'll never know now. But we've just lost the one player who had legitimate stardust and big game experience in a position where we are laughably weak. To top it off, we've bent over backwards like a bunch of soft arses to accommodate Bayern, a team we'll likely meet in the CL.

Let's not try dressing it up, if we don't bring in a replacement then it's poor from the club.

Put it this way. I've always defended letting Zin go to Arsenal. But it puts it in a rather different light, doesn't it: letting Zin go, then Cancelo with six months of that?
And you bring in the likes of Gómez to replace them? Not very convincing, is it? He's not as good in defence as Nate, and he's not in the same ball park as Cancelo in attack.
And I repeat my conviction that as the games come thick and fast now in the second half of the season, with two a week being the norm rather than the exception, we do in fact need four centre backs. The more so in that I've noticed that, for some reason, injuries to centre backs seem to be loooong…
Of course, if someone good is lined up, then all is forgiven.

Funny thing is US at the world cup looked a bit like City on our worse days. Lots of possession, some pretty passing, but couldnt finish in a brothel
And defensive mistakes by the CBs vs the Oranj.

I’m not as bullish on the US because we have no world-beating talisman (yet). No focal point, no one who could start anywhere in the world. We could always pull a Morocco some year I guess. We did look very good in flashes. So tough here when superior (male) athletes have so many lucrative career choices in (US) football, basketball, baseball, and no academy system (which we do have for individual sports like tennis and golf). It’s changing very gradually, but it’s going to take some time.

Anyone got a named source for the Foden training ground stuff? It all sounds plausible, and makes the lack of chemistry between the two + Foden's injury and general doghouse status make sense, but wonder where it is coming from?

His form dropped drastically before the world cup, he had his moody moment with Ronaldo at the world cup, he's apparently had a moody moment with Pep & his form has been shocking since the world cup, get rid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.