7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved watching Cancelo at his best, a complete joy to watch that could have redefined what an attacking fullback could do.

We all know he is a pretty weak defender, but what I loved about him at his best was his reading of the game, he didn’t really need to make tackles most of the time as he was already in position.

However this season his head has gone, I genuinely wince when I think back to the game at Anfield where rather than head it or put his foot through thier long hoof forward, he tried to bring it down and control it with Salah right on top of him… and it lost the game.

The Southampton game for me was as bad as it’s been from a player in over a decade, it was a 0/10 and it was clear from then he was done here.

A shame it’s ended this way, but it also somehow feels inevitable.
He was only at his best against cannon fodder though, unfortunately.

I’m beginning to think the game time that Rico has been getting is more about punishing Cancelo rather than the young lad been ready to take over from the Portuguese.

Are you saying that Pep would cut off his nose to spite his face ?

Give the young lad some fucking credit as he has performed really well in the team for a player so young and inexperienced.

Believe it when I see it. Club seem more interested in their net spend and reputation than chucking money around like Chelsea. Hope your right as we will need to spend that amount to remain competitive for the next few years

Why would we want to do what Chelsea are doing? The amount of money they are spending at once is ridiculous.

Even 300m for a team that won the league last year sounds ridiculous

They played different position under pep.. one had nothing to do with the other as Cancelo rarely was at rb….

Cancelo has been poor in his " natural " position as a right back when he has played there.

He is flaky and petulant , not exactly what you want from a senior member of the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.