7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved watching Cancelo at his best, a complete joy to watch that could have redefined what an attacking fullback could do.

We all know he is a pretty weak defender, but what I loved about him at his best was his reading of the game, he didn’t really need to make tackles most of the time as he was already in position.

However this season his head has gone, I genuinely wince when I think back to the game at Anfield where rather than head it or put his foot through thier long hoof forward, he tried to bring it down and control it with Salah right on top of him… and it lost the game.

The Southampton game for me was as bad as it’s been from a player in over a decade, it was a 0/10 and it was clear from then he was done here.

A shame it’s ended this way, but it also somehow feels inevitable.
He was also taken off at halftime against Dortmund away due to play going right passed him. Nearly resulted in a couple of goals for Dortmund.

It's Obvious he's really pissed pep off to get that move as rapid as he has.

I won't be too bothered if the Door hit him in the arse on his way out

Was shocked when I first seen this. He is up and down with his form but he has been a great player for us over the years. He’s a class act when he’s on his game. All the best to him it’s football.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.