7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
No replacement expected. The briefed lines out of the club are that we feel we have enough and that nothing has changed overnight - they still feel the same.
Not the reply I wanted tbh, but you never know, we might do a Twitcheresque Benjani type last minute deal. But I won't hold my breath. :-/

we swum the channel getting rid of chenko and sterling and getting good money for a right pair of ham shankers.Possibly the same with Cancelo. Georginio in the same class as them all, lets see how long chenko is the star man at rs enal.I give strolling another six months at chelsea, trust in Pep.

We are regressing imo. Still no fullback and now we‘re helping out another club that could beat us in the UCL.

We are regressing because a lot of our players aren't putting the fight in to take us to further success. They've worked their arses off to win back-to-back PL titles, some of them doing that twice in 5 years. Look at the mental and physical toll it's taken on Liverpool coming so close to success last season but ending up with the two domestic cups and missing out on the big ones. They've spoken about it numerous times. They're worn out. Throw in the Euro's and WC as well as covid impacts and it's been pretty full on. Pep is relentless, he knows that the mental side is as important if we're going to win things again. He's not allowing any passengers and he doesn't want any players in the squad who aren't showing the necessary fight. Just because you played well last season doesn't mean you start this time.

Cancelo, like many hasn't been good enough and whilst others are still remaining professional, training hard and showing Pep they're committed, he's thrown his toys out of the pram and Pep's right to get rid.

This Decision is mental , no replacement. Pep says no one’s bigger than the club , he’s putting his own principles above what’s good for the team.

You clearly have no experience of managing a team environment. A person like that creates a toxic work place and it quickly spreads and drags other team members down. As a team you're 99 times out of a 100 better off without that person being present.

we swum the channel getting rid of chenko and sterling and getting good money for a right pair of ham shankers.Possibly the same with Cancelo. Georginio in the same class as them all, lets see how long chenko is the star man at rs enal.I give strolling another six months at chelsea, trust in Pep.
a6656cb47539624ad143f76e0c1e084b.gif

When we get an injury and have no left back or Cancelo sticks a fantastic cross in against us in the champions league will Pep still tell us this is the right decision

But you will be able to tell him that he knows fuck all !

This Decision is mental , no replacement. Pep says no one’s bigger than the club , he’s putting his own principles above what’s good for the team.
Pep is absolutely not doing that. It's clear Cancelo was toxic to team spirit and harmony. Hopefully now he's gone, the fractures caused by that can be repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.