7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like he needs mental intervention & sectioning for his & his team mates' safety...
I wouldn't go as far as that. Some people just have that mentality where they feel the need to do a reset every now and then. He probably hasn't worked out how to identify when he's approaching those moments and it's coming out as frustration and poor decisions and a bit of anger.

Totally wrong, both players were in the wrong for the way they reacted following the incident between them. Both were punished and one accepted it and one didn’t and continued to act like a mard arse . If nothing was done about him it would of undermined Pep
Read years ago when we signed him that he was pissed at not getting game time. He was crap at right back and couldn’t tackle. Better at left because we didn’t have one. Unplayable on his day with some memorable side foot passing and the odd screamer. But I do recall a Gary Neville comment saying that he will frustrate the pants off you for being brilliant, temperamental and shit.

Who was our last, proper left-back? Willie Donnachie? I really don't remember.
Nathan fucking Aké. He played there on Friday.

There is no such thing as a "proper" left back.

Zinchenko was as much a "proper left back" as Clichy, Kolarov, Mendy etc.

We have the squad to cope without Cancelo and win something big (or even the treble :)). We have incredible forwards and midfielders, and we have excellent CBs plus Walker.

The question is whether the defenders will stay fit.

Walker and Stones (who plays at RB at times) have missed 50% (!) of our PL games since the start of 20/21, and Ake has had injuries too, including this season. One thing that even the most biased fans against Cancelo can't deny is that he is fit as fuck and always available. If both Walker and Ake are unavailable for some (big) games, we'll struggle.

I've defended Pep a lot on here: when we were in midtable in 20/21 (I even predicted back then that we were going to win the title) and after the CL final where his starting XI and subs were suspect. But I think Pep has made a mistake. The mistake wasn't to loan Cancelo (given his recent behaviour), but to allow the situation to escalate like this over the last weeks with no time to react. There's no denying we were caught up by surprise.

Ultimately, the important thing is how the players react. If we go to Spurs and Arsenal and win 4-6 pts, we'll be fine and ready for the run in.

screenshot_20230131-105737_instagram-jpg.67624

Just posted on Instagram. Read into it what you will... View attachment 67625
...tried to practice Zen whilst in the City Of Manchester n will try giving Zen another go in a different city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.