7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
no, it is old northern slang, as said from marred as in something spoilt or off, someone being sour

he/she's right marred they are, eventually it became mard
Yeah, that's about right. When I was a kid growing up in Failsworth it was a term regularly used for any other kid who was soft. Spoilt kids were generally accepted to be soft, hence it probably derived from that.

We r Manchester city, not fans of cancelo or aguero or Franny Lee, not even of clive Wilson.... Non of players is more important of the club.... maybe we will not win some silver this season, maybe we r in a bit of crisis, im sorry bout that but.... CTID.
Sorry but Clive for me first

think it’s very telling the lack of posts on social media from his teammates wishing him luck

Can anyone explain where the term mard arse comes from- have used it myself but ain’t got a clue

it comes from the French word Mardi, for Tuesday, and the English word arse, for arse. Used when someone is being an arse on a Tuesday, which is why it is the only day of the week you will see it used on Bluemoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.