7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember my Dad telling me when I was younger, football is cyclical. Whomever is at the top now,
winning trophies, most likely will not be in 5-6 years time. When City beat us in the Cup semifinal in
2011, I was gutted but could see the writing on the wall, it seemed a tipping point, so I then started
supporting City instead. My old dad was dead on. Anyway, it's been fantastic for me, however, when
we sold Raz & then Jesus and especially Zinky to the Arse, maybe I should have realised what was
likely to happen..Now Sky think this Cancelo fiasco is the greatest transfer for the Arse and Pep is
basically forfeiting the PL & CL simply because of his ego. Also Sky said Arteta made x6 changes to
his side in the FA Cup game so to get one over Pep by losing the game & going out as PL title more
important! Thx Pep! Last straw is we are not going to replace Cancelo! .that's Pep in his own words!
Shockingly bad management. I mean really shocking. I managed to get a second half season ticket
for Arsenal today. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be supporting City, well if we beat them here and away
that is. The only snag is that that new Chelsea owner seems to be buying a lot of quality players too?
I also don't want to miss out on a CL trophy win for us, City I mean and we seem to be getting closer?
I've made my mind up, I'll stick with City unless we get knocked out before the final, then could still
switch to Arsenal for last game if needed. However, if Ake gets injured I'll switch to Arsenal then, as it
would vindicate my opinion on Pep & his Cancelo fiasco, I'll say again a shockingly bad call from him!

CTID
Spot on! My thoughts entirely and I think you speak for a fair few bluemooners on this thread,
;-)

Feel a lot of people are reading much too much into this departure. Cancelo has been one of the first names on the team sheet in seasons past. His form for the last 4 months or so has not been good and he's probably, understandably not happy that he isn't playing more. His hunger appears to have dipped and Pep has decided that we can cope without him and moved him on. I'm sure this stuff happens all the time but its much more exciting to report claims of 'bust ups' and 'dressing room divides' than just a professional parting of ways.

He gets a move arranged within days. A loan move, no fee, with one day of the window left. A player worth some 70m, on a long term contract, one of only 2 senior fullbacks, and up until his suspension, a regular first name on the sheet with the most minutes to his name. With no time to find a replacement. In the middle of the season, looking to chase down the title leaders, plenty of games to play and already the smallest squad with 2 spare senior places.

And you think nothing has gone on to cause it?

This by the same guys that refused to let Eric fucking Garcia go for a whole year and let him go for free because it didn't suit them. Or refused to let Sane go for anything less than a sum they decided on, eventhough his head had clearly turned. Or not let Berbardo go for the third season now because the money wasn't right, and only let Torres go because Barcelona paid up. You really think there was nothing to it and they just sent hin off to bloody Bayern on a whim because he wasn't getting the minutes?

Not a chance its an obligation to buy Bayern are not that gullible. Its a buyers market due to the fallout so not a chance they are going to commit 61.5 million on a player who we will be desperate to get rid of in the summer.

Reactions: PPT
It's 61.5, but it goes down a million for every shot he takes that goes into row Z.
He is a an amazing player WHEN up for it and on form. Key reason we have looked dull this season. Cancello not being up for it. He has been a huge loss to us. All very sad as technically he is as gifted as Bernie

Have not read recent pages on here so not sure if already posted. The Mail are saying that Bayern have an “obligation” to buy him (GBP 61.5M) in the summer. That’s a great price for him if true.

Would love that to be true, but unfortunately for all of us the Mail are completely unreliable - not to mention lacking in the basic standards of credibility and professionalism required to get the core details of the stories they publish right.

Sadly they’ve got their facts all mixed up.

Again!

Feel a lot of people are reading much too much into this departure. Cancelo has been one of the first names on the team sheet in seasons past. His form for the last 4 months or so has not been good and he's probably, understandably not happy that he isn't playing more. His hunger appears to have dipped and Pep has decided that we can cope without him and moved him on. I'm sure this stuff happens all the time but its much more exciting to report claims of 'bust ups' and 'dressing room divides' than just a professional parting of ways.
Agreed he probably got mardy like most pros who are not picked. Sean Dychevwas right when he said ''misery always finds a friend'' so true in football. Need to move misery's out double quick they poison the rest so fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.