7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even without all the rumours about training pitch misbehaviour etc, the facts as laid out in The Athletic article make it crystal clear why he had to go, to protect the squad from a toxic influence and a player intent on undermining the manager. There's absolutely nothing baffling about it.

That article also outlines the brief timeline of the disintegration of Cancelo's relationship with the club, which explains why City haven't had time to find a suitable replacement. The club didn't have any viable option other than allowing JC to go to Munich as arranged by his agent at his request.
The Athletic and “facts” don’t go together very well. This is one of the rags that’s tries to undermine our success. Weren’t they involved in the “Joint Statement” with Liverpool and us.

Good luck to Cancelo and his time was up with City. What we don’t need are City insiders saddling up to the loathsome media to do a hatchet job on our players, whether they deserve it or not.

I remember my Dad telling me when I was younger, football is cyclical. Whomever is at the top now,
winning trophies, most likely will not be in 5-6 years time. When City beat us in the Cup semifinal in
2011, I was gutted but could see the writing on the wall, it seemed a tipping point, so I then started
supporting City instead. My old dad was dead on. Anyway, it's been fantastic for me, however, when
we sold Raz & then Jesus and especially Zinky to the Arse, maybe I should have realised what was
likely to happen..Now Sky think this Cancelo fiasco is the greatest transfer for the Arse and Pep is
basically forfeiting the PL & CL simply because of his ego. Also Sky said Arteta made x6 changes to
his side in the FA Cup game so to get one over Pep by losing the game & going out as PL title more
important! Thx Pep! Last straw is we are not going to replace Cancelo! .that's Pep in his own words!
Shockingly bad management. I mean really shocking. I managed to get a second half season ticket
for Arsenal today. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be supporting City, well if we beat them here and away
that is. The only snag is that that new Chelsea owner seems to be buying a lot of quality players too?
I also don't want to miss out on a CL trophy win for us, City I mean and we seem to be getting closer?
I've made my mind up, I'll stick with City unless we get knocked out before the final, then could still
switch to Arsenal for last game if needed. However, if Ake gets injured I'll switch to Arsenal then, as it
would vindicate my opinion on Pep & his Cancelo fiasco, I'll say again a shockingly bad call from him!

CTID

Good luck, Joao! I'll be happy to see you getting match time in the Turkish Super Lig here in a couple of years!

I remember my Dad telling me when I was younger, football is cyclical. Whomever is at the top now,
winning trophies, most likely will not be in 5-6 years time. When City beat us in the Cup semifinal in
2011, I was gutted but could see the writing on the wall, it seemed a tipping point, so I then started
supporting City instead. My old dad was dead on. Anyway, it's been fantastic for me, however, when
we sold Raz & then Jesus and especially Zinky to the Arse, maybe I should have realised what was
likely to happen..Now Sky think this Cancelo fiasco is the greatest transfer for the Arse and Pep is
basically forfeiting the PL & CL simply because of his ego. Also Sky said Arteta made x6 changes to
his side in the FA Cup game so to get one over Pep by losing the game & going out as PL title more
important! Thx Pep! Last straw is we are not going to replace Cancelo! .that's Pep in his own words!
Shockingly bad management. I mean really shocking. I managed to get a second half season ticket
for Arsenal today. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be supporting City, well if we beat them here and away
that is. The only snag is that that new Chelsea owner seems to be buying a lot of quality players too?
I also don't want to miss out on a CL trophy win for us, City I mean and we seem to be getting closer?
I've made my mind up, I'll stick with City unless we get knocked out before the final, then could still
switch to Arsenal for last game if needed. However, if Ake gets injured I'll switch to Arsenal then, as it
would vindicate my opinion on Pep & his Cancelo fiasco, I'll say again a shockingly bad call from him!

CTID
not sure what say where to look or how to think after that. Well done sir!

CTID
Sarcasm is always hard to attain on the net, as it would seem are paragraphs.

Oh hang on, I managed one of them just fine.

CTID
Terrible attempt at fishing or top attempt, I cannot decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.