7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s not forget this guy was a RB and became the best LB for the good of the team.

He is a team player, possibly however not a squad one.

The digs aren't the big thing for me. By leaving suddenly at the end of the Jan window he left us and his teammates with a big problem. We didn't have a LB. He didn't seem to care too much about being a team player.
Fortunately Nathan Ake has been a success and is now a much better LB than Cancello ever was. Jack is also much more effective now.
City fans are not thick, they booed him mainly because of the above but also because they (including me) don't want him to come back.
Tbf that was all as much the club’s and the manager’s decision as his
Agree 100% that the happy outcome is Jacko being freed by playing with a lefy footed left back who isn’t crowding his space
Who knew that a real left back might be important!

Yeah, yeah, just say “Pull yourself together, ya soft cnut”.

Easy innit?
The guy has had a tough life but has also made some bad career decisions, he was at a club that was doing everything to make him better, everything to make things easy for his family he rejected those and looks to have burnt a lot of bridges in doing so.

We are ta club that looks after it's employees better than any club I have ever known, but appear more than happy for Cancelo to leave, that for me says a lot.

I think it was correct that Cancelo was booed when he came on given that he is still a City player, for whom we haven't received a fee and in being brought on could had provided an assist to get Bayern back into the tie at 3-1 (in arguably the most important game of the season thus far). It's also quite clear that his departure mid season was neither planned nor ideal for City. Indeed, with Phillips basically not being trusted the squad size is now very small and we could well be running on empty by the end of May.

In real time at the game, it just seemed not right that he was playing against us and if he had provided such an assist it would have felt worse than "typical City".

If he returns after leaving in the summer for £40m then it would seem churlish not to applaud him for his contribution of the last few years. However for a £60m+ investment to leave unplanned halfway through the season, for no fee, leaving the squad light and being brought on to try and salvage the tie for the German rags, I think it was entirely appropriate that he was booed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.