7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only possible destination from him is Arsenal ,nobody else would be willing to pay more than 40 m .

Whilst it looks like a master stroke to get rid, we where all shocked and the thread at the time certainly was not in universal agreement that it was the right call.

This guy is a pure footballer, I doubt we will ever see a more technically complete FB play for City. Some of his passes where a think of beauty and I for one loved watching some of the games he played.

There was obviously some arrogance there which maybe displaced and results since would indicate bringing him back would be a mistake.

But he is a player, one season he was amazing for us, he was rarely injured and I think played the most minutes.

He was also rarely playing his favourite side.

The best thing is a move for him, but blues saying he was shite can’t have watched the same player I did.

He might just be one of those players who is so technically good at football, whilst not having a perfect position.

A talented, if inconsistent, footballer that eventually became a problem for us on and off the pitch.

Now, whoever we play on the left (Grealish or Foden on the wing, Ake or Akanji in defence) it feels like a partnership - one responsible for attacking, one for defending, and a genuine drive to help each other out when it's needed.

With Cancelo, regardless of who was in front of him, it felt like a competition, like him doing what he wanted to do while the winger tried to work out how to fit around that.

Ake and Akanji don't have what Cancelo has on the ball, but they make up for it in attitude, adaptability and defensive solidity.

He's given us some good moments while he was here, but we've been better since he went on loan and it's time for him to leave. We should get what we can for him, but the money is secondary.

I wish him luck wherever he goes (except when he's up against us of course).

Great player but clearly not a mentality monster. We haven’t really missed him, which wasn’t something we expected when he left. Another Pep master stroke, he sees things we’ll never see

Very happy Pep put his foot down and decided he isnt coming back. Hopefully City can use him to get a decent player in. Although almost impossible, getting him off while getting Kimmich would be mad.

Great player but clearly not a mentality monster. We haven’t really missed him, which wasn’t something we expected when he left. Another Pep master stroke, he sees things we’ll never see
Rather than not missed, I’d say we thrived without him. Could be a coincidence, but I suspect not.

A top player in a squad full of top players. You don’t keep up the standard you don’t get in the team and you also have to be prepared to bide your time with the tactical switches.He was obviously unhappy with that and maybe thought past performances should be taken into account. We hopefully move him on , we already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.