7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played a reasonably significant role in us winning 3 straight titles and for that I’ll always applaud him whenever he plays at our place as I did against Bayern. I wish him well.

This is why city are successful.

We were looking for a club that can 100% pay his wages and potentially trigger the 70m buy clause which barca didn’t look in position to do.

And on a plus note, we're definitely not starting the Cancelo to Bernardo.. you should join me in Barca chatter. His venom filled chatter in the dressing room was enough!

I don't think we do the same mistake again selling our good players to potential title challengers.
All the top teams in premier league have a player that came from us , either directly or indirectly.
United, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea, spurs, Newcastle, villa.
Probably 2 going at the one time to arsenal may have been one too much, especially as their manage was also on their books.
Sancho and Sterling haven't improved their own personal performances or their teams performance.
Its just business and unless we start selling off our real top players, the Haalands, DeBruynes, Rodri etc. I see no problem with it.
Although maybe not the best example to give, all 3 relegated teams had at least one player that came directly from us or our sister teams, Harrison, Iheabacho and Southampton had 4.

All the top teams in premier league have a player that came from us , either directly or indirectly.
United, Liverpool, arsenal, Chelsea, spurs, Newcastle, villa.
Probably 2 going at the one time to arsenal may have been one too much, especially as their manage was also on their books.
Sancho and Sterling haven't improved their own personal performances or their teams performance.
Its just business and unless we start selling off our real top players, the Haalands, DeBruynes, Rodri etc. I see no problem with it.
Although maybe not the best example to give, all 3 relegated teams had at least one player that came directly from us or our sister teams, Harrison, Iheabacho and Southampton had 4.
We will now start to stop selling players to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool. They are teams that are trying to dethrone us our title (Chelsea is laughable I know but under Pochettino they will start to become more off a threat).

Selling Gabriel Jesus and Zinchenko was nearly a bad move by us (As they were top for so long) but lucky for us they became the bottle jobs and we won the league.

We will now start to stop selling players to Arsenal, Chelsea, Man United and Liverpool. They are teams that are trying to dethrone us our title (Chelsea is laughable I know but under Pochettino they will start to become more off a threat).

Selling Gabriel Jesus and Zinchenko was nearly a bad move by us (As they were top for so long) but lucky for us they became the bottle jobs and we won the league
You are probably right but if we want top money the Premier league is the main destination.
Apart from a few European teams, premier league is the main draw at the moment.
I read somewhere that we have 13 clubs with our ex players this season.
Players I wouldn't have remembered like Tosin at Fulham, Brooks at Bournemouth, Mee at Brentford etc. Some of these didn't arrive at their current clubs directly from us.

As long as we don't sell 2 or 3 to the one club like Arenal this season I think we'll be OK.
Douglas Luiz, Trippier, Pedro Porro, Milner etc. on their own may improve a team but not enough to stop us selling to a Premier league team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.