7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs resting. The irony is that he would likely have been first sub today with Gomez on, so at least the upside is that Cancelo got extra time off the pitch. The downside is that the other players again had to expend much more energy compensating for an early sending off from a makeshift left back, which is no coincidence.

He’s making more mistakes because he’s simply been asked to play too much, and that’s down to our inability to land an established left back in the summer. It’s a mistake that’s increasingly taking its toll on everyone.

I don't get people here. Yes, Ake made a mistake with the long ball, BUT Cancelo's is 100 times worse. As a defender you know that if you make contact that will be a penalty(which is a better chance that what Fulham's player had) + a red card. He has like 3 seconds to make a correct decision and still chooses by far the worst. Imagine that in a QF, SF, F or league deciding game against an elite team and it's game over.

Last edited:
Not a straight red for me , will we appeal ?
He didn't make any attempt for the ball so we've no chance of a successful appeal. By the letter of the law it's a sending off. The rule is shit. A penalty should be enough of a punishment. You're not stopping a goalscoreing attempt - because it's a penalty!!!

I don't get people here. Yes, Ake made a mistake with the long ball, BU Cancelo's is 100 times worse. As a defender you know that if you make contact that will be a penalty(which is a better chance that what Fulham's player had) + a red card. He has like 3 seconds to make a correct decision and still chooses by far the worst. Imagine that in a QF, SF, F or league deciding game against an elite team and it's game over.

Am worried when he is anywhere near our area.

Good going forward but a potential disaster when defending imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.