7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he takes too many risks, and turns possession over far too much

Dont get me wrong, he's capable of the sublime, but its odd that we ask our wide players to play 'in the system', and yet Cancelo seems to have a freebie to do as he pleases
Do you honestly believe he plays against Peps wishes

Do you honestly believe he plays against Peps wishes
No, as that's not what I said

I said it's odd that it seems as though some of our wide attackers are asked to keep the ball, rather than risking turning it over by over expressing themselves; and yet it seems that Pep is happy for Cancelo to express himself in any part of the pitch

At no point have I mentioned him playing against Peps wishes

One thing I’d like to see him do more is anticipate earlier in the final third. For example, when we play crossfield balls to Grealish, Cancelo is often static and waits until Grealish has complete control of the ball before he starts to make a move. The reality, however, is that Grealish will get the ball under control, so he could begin his move while the ball is still in flight even if it is just to distract the defender.

Great interview and a complete squashing of any rumors about moving to Real but more importantly his honesty in his error at the dippers

“Manchester City was the most important step I took in my career. Of course, I’ve been in big clubs such as Benfica, Valencia, Inter, Juventus. But I think that, right now, Manchester City is in another level. I decided to come here, but of course, the first six months weren’t very good. I needed a period to adapt. But now I’m much more integrated here and I hope to stay many more years, because here is where I feel good.

“I can talk about this, because after my mistake against Liverpool last month – an individual mistake who gave the three points to Liverpool – the people supported me, and I felt the love from our fans, and I want to give it back to them in the future. I want to give them titles because it’s the best way to repay them for the support they have given me.”

Respect to Cancelo for his honesty.

Great interview and a complete squashing of any rumors about moving to Real but more importantly his honesty in his error at the dippers

“Manchester City was the most important step I took in my career. Of course, I’ve been in big clubs such as Benfica, Valencia, Inter, Juventus. But I think that, right now, Manchester City is in another level. I decided to come here, but of course, the first six months weren’t very good. I needed a period to adapt. But now I’m much more integrated here and I hope to stay many more years, because here is where I feel good.

“I can talk about this, because after my mistake against Liverpool last month – an individual mistake who gave the three points to Liverpool – the people supported me, and I felt the love from our fans, and I want to give it back to them in the future. I want to give them titles because it’s the best way to repay them for the support they have given me.”

Respect to Cancelo for his honesty.
Very much,great to hear such admittance and honesty.

Hopefully he applies that learning experience though,as the 'mistakes' are frequent due to a casualness to his play.

Talk is cheap,as they say.

Very much,great to hear such admittance and honesty.

Hopefully he applies that learning experience though,as the 'mistakes' are frequent due to a casualness to his play.

Talk is cheap,as they say.
Talk is cheap but I have to say it's a very honest and decent response.

He is a wildly inconsistent player but a player that has clearly taken to the club, long may it continue.

It's so unfair that we can set up well, Alvarez gets a great goal and it's all undone because this guy can't concentrate for an appropriate amount of time.

Been out of form for a few weeks in my opinion. Unfortuntley with Walker out he knows he will play every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.