7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally don't think he's having a good season. A few Hollywood moments offensively are papering over an average season.
Need to invest in the fullback position in the Summer, would be quite happy if Cancelo converted to a winger.

Despite the claims of 'shoulder to shoulder' it was shoulder in the back. A penalty without doubt, But I wonder what Cancelo thought if he had seen an almost identical incident in the last Merseyside derby - Anthony Gordon through on goal, shoulder in his back, but a somewhat different outcome. No pen for Everton and no red card to sanction the penal offence! It's not only a funny game, but a fuckin' mysterious one, too!

And I've just looked up who the ref was in that EFC game, And I'm not making it up - it was the clown Attwell who was in the VAR shed for our game yesterday!

He's given up pens before like this but I think Dias was behind him so he wasn't sent off.

However as the last man and denying a goal scoring opportunity its better to trust Ederson than do a "tactical foul".

Pep will give him a bit of a refresher course on when to not make risky challenges. Just hope it sticks in his memory long term!

Personally don't think he's having a good season. A few Hollywood moments offensively are papering over an average season.
Need to invest in the fullback position in the Summer, would be quite happy if Cancelo converted to a winger.
He's very similar to Ederson in a way,brilliant yet casual,and wouldn't be anywhere near as effective playing as an orthodox defender in a lesser team,and especially one that doesnt play our system/possession based football.

Hopefully Wilson Esbrand and Lewis continue their trajectory,two 'proper' fullbacks.

Agree. He has some standout games but we haven’t been great recently going forward and his drop in form is one of the reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.