7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the worst form of his City career. And he’s had his fair share of dips. But somebody at the club thought Gomez was good enough, and now everyone has realised he isn’t, so he doesn’t play. So we’ve been stuck with Cancelo as our only full back with Walker out, whilst he’s in dog shit form. Terrible planning in this area of the pitch.
We need a proper natural left back, I doubt it will happen in this January window but opponents know Cancelo can be got at.

He stank the place out today and has done for a few weeks , he is becoming a luxury player , he is lucky Zinchenko left the club because he would be starting every game at the moment , modern full backs like Cancelo and Trent Darby are fine when you are dominating games but when it comes down to blood and nettles defending they are not good enough.
Cancelo needs reminding he is a defender first and foremost and the attacking part of his game is a bonus , he needs to get back to basics , and ditch that number seven shirt , all the praise is going to his head.

Legend in his own head.

He needs to stop thinking he's the second coming and get back to basics.He shits out of 50/50's (not the only one) and plays far too casually.

We need a left back,we have done for as long as i can remember.....it’s fucking mental we are still struggling at full back.
Not someone who gets going when the going is tough. Zinchenko gave us far more balance imho

Cancelo is the streakiest player I’ve ever seen.

When he’s playing well he plays well for a few months on the run and is the best full back anywhere in the world.

When he’s not playing well he plays poorly for a few months on the run and looks utterly average.

He’s consistent, I’ll give him that. It’s not like he’s good one week then shit the next… he’s world class, world class, world class, world class, world class, world class, world class, average, shit, shit, average, average, shit, shit…

Was in a great form a month ago (Southampton), but lost form and many can't wait to put boot in him. It's not his fault that Pep doesn't/can't rotate him because other defenders are injured or unavailable. Started every game before Sevilla, hasn't been fresh enough recently.

He's a type of player who is likely to be better appreciated at Real or Barcelona. There are rumours Real are after him. Sounds logical, they lack a quality RB, and Mendy at LB isn't the best either. A summer move may be on the cards. Won't be a big loss for some fans. Would be a big loss for the team. He's been important for our last 2 titles, especially for the last one, as he started 36 PL games and was the best fullback in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.