7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he’s good, he’s fucking superb but when he’s bad it’s atrocious.

The issue is, we accommodate him so much that it’s a massive issue if he doesn’t perform. It means shoving Grealish on the bench because he doesn’t play well without a left footed left back behind him for starters.

I like him but I don’t like how much he’s shoehorned into the side. Not 100% sure what he offers - or at least the consistency that he offers it - warrants jiggling about the team.

Was in a great form a month ago (Southampton), but lost form and many can't wait to put boot in him. It's not his fault that Pep doesn't/can't rotate him because other defenders are injured or unavailable. Started every game before Sevilla, hasn't been fresh enough recently.

He's a type of player who is likely to be better appreciated at Real or Barcelona. There are rumours Real are after him. Sounds logical, they lack a quality RB, and Mendy at LB isn't the best either. A summer move may be on the cards. Won't be a big loss for some fans. Would be a big loss for the team. He's been important for our last 2 titles, especially for the last one, as he started 36 PL games and was the best fullback in the league.
So it’s every body else’s fault but him? Unbelievable

So it’s every body else’s fault but him? Unbelievable

What are you talking about?

He lost form over the last few weeks and a plausible reason why that happened was that he wasn't rotated and missed just one game from April to November, the first leg vs Real. When you over play a footballer, he is likely to lose form, no?

When he’s good, he’s fucking superb but when he’s bad it’s atrocious.

The issue is, we accommodate him so much that it’s a massive issue if he doesn’t perform. It means shoving Grealish on the bench because he doesn’t play well without a left footed left back behind him for starters.

I like him but I don’t like how much he’s shoehorned into the side. Not 100% sure what he offers - or at least the consistency that he offers it - warrants jiggling about the team.
Don’t disagree but the problem we have is we don’t really have any other genuine options. So it’s up to Grealish to deliver more when playing outside him

Don’t disagree but the problem we have is we don’t really have any other genuine options. So it’s up to Grealish to deliver more when playing outside him

I think I’d be comfortable with Ake being there. Solid cover, let’s us move to a back 3 when in possession (put Cancelo right back to push up) and it’s let Grealish loose without having Cancelo taking up his areas.

What are you talking about?

He lost form over the last few weeks and a plausible reason why that happened was that he wasn't rotated and missed just one game from April to November, the first leg vs Real. When you over play a footballer, he is likely to lose form, no?
I was just pointing out that at the end of the day, his form is mostly about him and his attitude and commitment, he was shite today and no one else is to blame

Should have sold him in the summer when his price was peak.

We need a proper fullback not a show pony.

Real Madrid need a new RB, hopefully Cancelo has a few viral outside of the boot passes or even an assist or two and Perez loses his mind and goes for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.