7 | Joao Cancelo - 2022/23 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get him back on the left where he's best. Forgets his own name playing at right-back. Always has, always will.

No coincidence that his under-par first season (19/20) was spent at right-back, no coincidence that he suddenly became one of our most important attacking players when we switched him to the left.

He's been here nearly four years and you could count on one hand the good displays he's put in on the right, whereas I could handpick you several games off the top of my head where he's dropped a massive bollock playing there.

Walker, Stones, Laporte, Cancelo is our strongest back four.

If we can get him to a point where he hits some form again I'd be looking to sell him when his stock is high. He makes for good highlight reels but I don't think I've ever fully trusted him tbh. I think we need a more reliable and consistent performer at LB. Ideally someone bought as a left back and with a proven track record at left back.

Poor Joao, his head looks like it’s all over the place. I can’t help feeling that his major slump in form is down to a delayed reaction to the ordeal of the burglary and the effect it’s had on his family.

Abysmal,an accident waiting to happen every time he steps on the pitch.

He should have been sold some time back and a proper fullback brought in.

I was half-wondering last night if his performance was a bit of a hissy fit as he's found a teenager and a centre back deservedly ahead of him in the full-backs pecking order. It's a while since I've seen so many misplaced passes from a City player.

Get him back on the left where he's best. Forgets his own name playing at right-back. Always has, always will.

No coincidence that his under-par first season (19/20) was spent at right-back, no coincidence that he suddenly became one of our most important attacking players when we switched him to the left.

He's been here nearly four years and you could count on one hand the good displays he's put in on the right, whereas I could handpick you several games off the top of my head where he's dropped a massive bollock playing there.

Walker, Stones, Laporte, Cancelo is our strongest back four.
But bar 2/3 games he has been crap all season wherever he has played. His form has fallen off a cliff, his head doesn’t seem to be in the right place after his wc dropping and he doesn’t seem to me to be the sort of player with the mental attitude to lift himself from the slumber he is in. Pep clearly mustn’t be happy with what he is seeing from him on the left so had moved him to see if that helped, but it hasn’t worked either and in fact has made it worse. He will be rightly dropped on Saturday and after that it is anyones guess.

Don't care how many outside of boot fancy crosses he puts in. He can head off to Madrid or somewhere that he might smile. While we hopefully sign a competent left back

He has been average at best the entire season but after his deserved benching in World Cup for Dalot it feels he has lost his confidence and maybe a bit of motivation. Should be benched and used as impact sub for foreseaable future until he gets his head right.

Not signing a proper LB coming back to hurt us. Ake is a fine stand in from defensive view but playing a CB there is limiting our offense when our LW can't produce much on his own (regardless who plays at LW).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.