#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get the lad back on the right and let's start destroying full backs once again.with maybe even the odd penalty claim now and again..only to be turned down by Var obviously. ..

I have no idea what Pep was thinking when he switched Raheem back to the Pelligrini era of left wing ..after being the manager who revamped his career at City by switching him to the right wing where he has been almost unplayable .All to accmodate a frankly disappointing Mahrez.

Just get the lad back on the right and let's start destroying full backs once again.with maybe even the odd penalty claim now and again..only to be turned down by Var obviously. ..

I have no idea what Pep was thinking when he switched Raheem back to the Pelligrini era of left wing ..after being the manager who revamped his career at City by switching him to the right wing where he has been almost unplayable .All to accmodate a frankly disappointing Mahrez.
TBH mate he was devastating last season playing on either side. Just seems to have lost form at the moment

Or to drop Leroy!

Anyone feel like Sterling has been assisting a lot less than he used to? Just could be me..

He was never prolific to be fair. Delivery has never been his strength. It used to be him with all the goals and Sane with all of the assists.

ETA: Just looked on Whoscored and there has been a drop off in the league.

21 assists in last 2 seasons. Joint 4th best in the league in 17/18 and joint 6th best last season.

Him and Sane produced 46 assists between them in last two seasons.

Sterling is average player on the left, he scores few goals but his general contribution is close to nothing more time than not. his best football ever came when he was on the right and Sane on the left. Our best football too.
He has the third highest expected assists in the league this season behind KDB and TAA. He’s just been unlucky that the chances hes created have been wasted.

With our makeshift defense it seems the players and wingers especially are taking less risks than before to avoid losing the ball and create counter situations as much as possible, Sterling use to take on his man more often before, it might be Pep's instructions.

I think he needs a rest, but with injuries and other players out of form I am not sure Pep will leave him out soon.

Credit where it's due he usually gets a goal but I can't remember the last time I saw him beat a fullback. He either runs straight into the defender or cuts inside and curls in a pointless cross that's easy to defend. The Newcastle wingers had more trickery and I get his game is more about pace and movement but when there's no space in behind he really struggles to create anything for himself. We're missing Sane far more than we anticipated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.