#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for putting these points in your usual clear, calm way. It saddens me when blues are used and sucked into the obvious mail/sun vendetta. Since their racist based attacks on Stirling were called out they have just gone underground in a more snide and slightly less obvious way. This season has fallen short of previous ones for Stirling, but sadly some posters on here seem to have a particular hard-on for him that other players seem immune from. I'm not saying these poster are racist because I don't like throwing that accusation around like confetti, and frankly they don't seem to abuse other black city players when they are struggling. It is weird though.
You might want to re read your post if you don't think you are calling people out on here as being racist as it doesn't read like that.

I didn't say "fucking idiots" said he was poor, i said "fucking idiots" abuse him. He was called a "fucking monkey" on twitter by a "fucking idiot" Are you condoning that sort of abuse?

It was "halfwits" who do not understand football who think he has been poor, because opinion denies the facts.

I did not state an opinion on Sterling, i quoted some facts. Opinions are not facts.

So now you have your little paddy and clearly misunderstood my post perhaps you will rethink your post.
This isn't Twitter (thank fuck) so when abuse and insults are aimed at a comment/member that disagrees with your opinion then the logical conclusion suggests that is your target.
No one on this forum has been racist,or abused Raheem because of his background....the criticism is because his form is awful and has been for over 12 months without any meaningful suggestion it will improve.

For those that are doing so.....To use such cheap shots to strengthen your argument is sad as fuck,and does nothing to support genuine bigotry and hatred.

You might want to re read your post if you don't think you are calling people out on here as being racist as it doesn't read like that.

Spot on.

I'm not calling anyone racist,but.....

Fucking pathetic and bang out of order.You'd also think that someone criticising a lack of respect so forcefully would at least spell the lads name right.

A few pieces that show exactly what I mean. We are not on the topic of racism, but the first two still give perfect examples of how Raheem seems to he an easy go-to target. The Daily Mail and the Sun seem to have an agenda against him. One bad game and he is a liability.

Are you for real ??
Those are fucking quotes from 3 years ago at the height of Sterlings media frenzy ? Thiose have fuck all to do with this seasons abysmal performances.

This isn't Twitter (thank fuck) so when abuse and insults are aimed at a comment/member that disagrees with your opinion then the logical conclusion suggests that is your target.
No one on this forum has been racist,or abused Raheem because of his background....the criticism is because his form is awful and has been for over 12 months without any meaningful suggestion it will improve.

For those that are doing so.....To use such cheap shots to strengthen your argument is sad as fuck,and does nothing to support genuine bigotry and hatred.
Can`t believe I`m saying this to you Fants but well said mate.

I don’t understand those who think he is a worldie, or ever was, and that he SHOULD get a new deal.

The problem is, if City aren’t interested in a bigger long term contract, he might see his REAL big payday as running down the clock and taking a big signing bonus for a Bosman.

And that’s precisely why he will almost certainly get a juicy new deal.

Despite his wretched performances of late.

“Should” doesn’t really come into it.

Spot on.

I'm not calling anyone racist,but.....

Fucking pathetic and bang out of order.You'd also think that someone criticising a lack of respect so forcefully would at least spell the lads name right.
Sorry for the spelling -well spotted, you'd make an excellent mod. I deliberately made it clear I wasn't calling you a racist so not sure why you are so upset. As I assume you are not a tragic far right racist bigot then I'm sure it'll be water off a ducks back. Strange that you thought my reply to russ was aimed at you, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

Part of me wonders if his time with us might just have passed, or peaked. As did Aguero. I would say they dovetailed tactically, so some of his Raz's usefulness might be leaving this summer. But then again, I would have happily said goodbye to Mahrez or Gundogan in summers past. And then there's Stones...

The concern is that his form might be a hint that our revised tactical approach doesn't suit him. Analysts have noted that we've revised our game and manage only to lose the ball in specific areas. Raz, might be struggling to make this work. It might be fundamental.

However - like Jesus - I think he's suffered from playing in that awful front three we put out a few times. Playing in the B team, as a confidence player, must have been difficult. And that front three in particular was never convincing until we swapped it around in the last half of the last game. All of them struggled.

Now, if he'd played more alongside Jesus, and Mahrez or Bernado, or even with KDB as false 10 - with the proper 3 in midfield and Zinchenko behind - I think his form would have been much better.

Interesting tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.