#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always get a sinking feeling before games at Anfield that Sterling will always without fail be on the team sheet and freeze like a rabbit caught in headlights from the screaming abuse he gets from the first minute until he's substituted in the seventieth - things never seem to change.

I always get a sinking feeling before games at Anfield that Sterling will always without fail be on the team sheet and freeze like a rabbit caught in headlights from the screaming abuse he gets from the first minute until he's substituted in the seventieth - things never seem to change.
I think the times of Sterling starting our biggest games are over tbh, after the Champions League final. I would be very surprised to see him in the starting 11 on Sunday. He's probably not even first reserve to come in at left wing either.

You think his euros was superb and his 19/20 is elite. There is no way I can share that opinion. If you don't watch any match and only check the stats at the end maybe, but watching Sterling from December 2020 has been painful

December 2020 is not in the 2019/20 season.

If you actually read his post, maybe you'd agree?

You think his euros was superb and his 19/20 is elite. There is no way I can share that opinion. If you don't watch any match and only check the stats at the end maybe, but watching Sterling from December 2020 has been painful most of the time (some exceptions with England against non elite competition most of the time). I'll agree that his 2017/2019 form was great, because he did more than scoring.

The problem now with Sterling is that the ONLY thing he is giving us is goals. Everything else can be done better by every other offensive city player.

I don't care whether he is black or not, whether he is pretty or not, whether he loves the fans or not. I care about what I see on the pitch. My criticism are always gonna be directed to that and never to Sterling directly.

I can't see how some of his fans think 95% of people here just wants to attack him. Everyone here would love to watch Sterling back. Gundogan in his worst times was 10x the olayer Sterling is now. Stones in his worst time played 1/10 matches as a starter.

I have never ever seen a player that is "world-class" have such a low level for such a long time. Sterling could score 90 goals this season that if he keeps playing like this I will keep saying: his season was merely good, like a Mario Gomez at Bayern.

Good to see you are slowly changing your mind. You started with "he's been shit for 2 years" then moved to he has been shit since December 2019 and now finally he has been painful from December 2020 - so the last 9 months.

I said and proved his numbers for 19/20 were elite. Yes, I was concentrating mainly on goals but I can easily run-off a comparison of all of his stats (all of the ones YOU considered very important for Grealish and more) and for good measure compare with, say, Salah, for both 18/19 and 19/20. Unsurprisingly to me (I've done this before) they are very similar ie elite. The drop-off after 18/19 to 19/20 is not really there. So what specifically was it you think he was failing at for 19/20?

I thought the main problem now with Sterling is that he is NOT scoring goals? Despite his poor touch, miscontrols and inability to kick a ball he was very good at it for 3 seasons 17 to 20 but indisputably lesser so since 20/21 which started 12 months ago. Aguero has gone and, Phil aside, no other player in the squad can get anywhere near his levels for 2017-2020.

I said in a previous post fine lines only were between him and 3 goals in 3 recent appearances. Who knows - maybe the floodgates will open soon for him.

i dont see how he can get into first 11 since lw is taken by foden/grealish,rw by jesus/mahrez and that leaves 9 place to him which i dont think hes good enough to play

I said in a previous post fine lines only were between him and 3 goals in 3 recent appearances. Who knows - maybe the floodgates will open soon for him.
I think you're absolutely right. There's not much wrong with Raheem that a couple of goals or assists wouldn't sort out.
His problem is that he's probably going to have to do it in the 15 - 20 minutes after he comes off the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.