#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He needs to go back to being on the periphery of the game and finishing moves off, rather than trying to be at the centre of the attack.

If you go back the the Euros, his goals came from his movement in the box and finishing off team moves. I don’t recall him making any decent runs into the box yesterday.

Whenever he had the ball it was to his feet with an expectation that he could make something happen.

The sooner he stops thinking he’s Hazard or Neymar and goes back to playing his natural game, City will be better off.

Really is a significant concern now, especially with two years remaining on his contract. Completely ineffectual yesterday, regardless of Taylor's assistance for Tanganga. Once he was off we created two chances almost immediately down that side.

Constantly slowed play down whenever he received the ball and almost a complete lack of care with passing too. Tone was set with some awful close control and losing the ball 10 seconds into the game. Easily dispossessed leading to two counters in the first half.

Huge improvement needed and quickly.

I don't want to hate on Sterling but I can't remember his last really good game for City. Was it maybe Liverpool, which was in Feb?

He is a really good player as we saw with his England performances in the Euro's & we have seen it here, but not recently. Not sure if it is how he is being asked to play here or what, but he did very little of note yesterday.

If he stays then I hope he moves to right back. That's the furthest place from the left flank right? Thanks.

Raz has the ability to bounce back. Try to stay away from the distraction of politics, do what he did during the Euros and find his man Kane and we will all be happy .

He needs to go back to being on the periphery of the game and finishing moves off, rather than trying to be at the centre of the attack.

If you go back the the Euros, his goals came from his movement in the box and finishing off team moves. I don’t recall him making any decent runs into the box yesterday.

Whenever he had the ball it was to his feet with an expectation that he could make something happen.

The sooner he stops thinking he’s Hazard or Neymar and goes back to playing his natural game, City will be better off.

I agree with your general thrust here, but not the part in bold. It's not Sterling's decision what role he plays in this team, it's Pep's.

We've seen Raheem go from being 'out of sorts' for City last season, to being a star man at the Euros.
He's arrived back at City with a similar look to that of last season. His body language was poor on Sunday, and he didn't look particularly happy at any point of the TV coverage.

Southgate clearly got the best out of Raheem over the summer, despite being a bang average coach.

I can only assume that this was in the main down to effective man-management. As such, I can't help but think that any decline in his performance is down to a deteriorating relationship with Pep Guardiola.

We've seen Raheem go from being 'out of sorts' for City last season, to being a star man at the Euros.
He's arrived back at City with a similar look to that of last season. His body language was poor on Sunday, and he didn't look particularly happy at any point of the TV coverage.

Southgate clearly got the best out of Raheem over the summer, despite being a bang average coach.

I can only assume that this was in the main down to effective man-management. As such, I can't help but think that any decline in his performance is down to a deteriorating relationship with Pep Guardiola.
I think it is more to do with what both managers want from Sterling and also the nature of international football, rather than anything personal.

I do agree, he did look like he had lost his last fiver whilst being interviewed and, that might be realising there are better technical players threatening his game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.