#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is more to do with what both managers want from Sterling and also the nature of international football, rather than anything personal.

I do agree, he did look like he had lost his last fiver whilst being interviewed and, that might be realising there are better technical players threatening his game time.
It's a tough one to understand.
Pep knows what Raheem is capable of and sees him day in day out. Why then does he keep asking him to do the same thing every game, when he sees it's not working?
It can't be because we have no alternative on the left, Foden, Zinchenko or Jesus could do the same job, and we've had Sane and Sancho who were perfect for the role.
Raheem is a great team player, a top pro, who always gives 100%, but it's just not been happening for him.
Whether or not Kane is the missing link remains to be seen. Hopefully, it will be, and we will see the old Raheem back. In the meantime, I have to say that his City form over the last year or so has left me scratching my head at times.

Meh... seems to me that Sterling is going through a rough patch at City. I rather like Sterling in our side.

Said it ever since he moved to the left. He's just not suited to it and was doing perfectly good job on the right.

We had three right wingers and no left winger when Sane left so I understand why he plugged that gap but we don't have that problem now.
Tbf, he has been excellent on the left before for us, so not sure his loss of form is related to which side of the pitch he is fielded.

Didn't he play on the left for England in the Euros and, haven't I read on here not too far back that he has stated his preference is for the left?

Tbf, he has been excellent on the left before for us, so not sure his loss of form is related to which side of the pitch he is fielded.

Didn't he play on the left for England in the Euros and, haven't I read on here not too far back that he has stated his preference is for the left?

Totally disagree with the first part. He made the switch properly once Leroy left/ got injured and I thought it was pretty obvious it didn't suit his game at all. I got a bit of stick for saying it as well because he ended up recording his highest goal tally. But, for me at least, that's where his overall performances took a big dip.

As for England, I can't say because I only watched about half of the games. I seem to remember him switching to the right against Germany and it working well but I might be wrong on that. Seems to have a great understanding with Kane anyway.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure it is his favourite position and it's not hard to understand why.

Totally disagree with the first part. He made the switch properly once Leroy left/ got injured and I thought it was pretty obvious it didn't suit his game at all. I got a bit of stick for saying it as well because he ended up recording his highest goal tally. But, for me at least, that's where his overall performances took a big dip.

As for England, I can't say because I only watched about half of the games. I seem to remember him switching to the right against Germany and it working well but I might be wrong on that. Seems to have a great understanding with Kane anyway.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure it is his favourite position and it's not hard to understand why.
If it were such an obvious thing to put him on the right, then Pep would have trialled this, but I do remain convinced that I'm sure someone on here quoted him as ssying Sterling has stated a preference for the left.

Also, some of the things Sterling was doing last season were not positional related.

I think we can all agree, his city form last season was a concern, and despite what he did in the Euros, his body language and demeanor when interviewed after the game showed an unhappy bunny.

If it were such an obvious thing to put him on the right, then Pep would have trialled this, but I do remain convinced that I'm sure someone on here quoted him as ssying Sterling has stated a preference for the left.

Also, some of the things Sterling was doing last season were not positional related.

I think we can all agree, his city form last season was a concern, and despite what he did in the Euros, his body language and demeanor when interviewed after the game showed an unhappy bunny.

The interview after we lost the first game of the season to Spurs? I've not seen it. Doesn't exactly surprise me that he wouldn't be happy.

And I'm not sure if you've misread what I put but yes, I am also sure he has stated a few times that he prefers to play on the left.

The interview after we lost the first game of the season to Spurs? I've not seen it. Doesn't exactly surprise me that he wouldn't be happy.

And I'm not sure if you've misread what I put but yes, I am also sure he has stated a few times that he prefers to play on the left.
Yes, the interview after the loss to Spurs. It wasn't your typical upset after a loss type feeling.

My bad, I had misread your post with where he preferred to play

I can't help it but nothing any of our players does makes me more annoyed, just viscerally, then when he gets the ball in the wing and stops. just stops functioning for around 10 seconds, not moving, not passing the ball. just pure and utter momentum killer. Does this exact move 5 times a game and it does my head in every time.

It's not important, mind, but it manages to piss me off every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.