#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a big fan of Sterling and his legacy at our club.

That being said. He's on a downward spiral and we should offload him to Newcastle for £90m.

Dont be ridiculous
I agree with many on here that his style of play suits having a talisman striker upfront causing chaos in the box (like Sergio did). Not only for the goals, but the sheer need to harass and move opposition defenders around and create gaps.

That being said. If, for example, we bring in Haland and his poor(ish) form continues. Do we then keep him to fall down the pecking order? That's not beneficial for Raheem or us. I think a striker is what's he needs to suit his game and he doesn't suit the current system. But, if he still doesn't improve, I'd cash in.

But that hasn't been the case when playing for England....? Kane and Shaw seem to work well with him at international level. A striker and a proper left back...

Surprise, surprise... Exactly what has been needed at City for quite a while; at least as long as Raheem has been out of sorts.

It ain't rocket science... The problem lies firmly at club level. Get a striker and a proper left back and we'll get the best out of Raheem Sterling, and any other left sided player.
Does the club want to get the best out of Sterling though. I can't help but feel with signing Grealish and impact Foden is having, we are not going to be going back to the 18/19 days anytime soon. We have more technically gifted wingers, a bigger spread of goalscorers and assists and the defence works differently also.

Unfortunately Sterling is too high profile to keep around for a super sub or to play rotation or if we want to setup differently in a particular game. He needs to start every week.

Unless he magically becomes this false 9 we want I don't see how its going to work.

No actual A tier talent will go to newcastle in January, they still have to muddle through like the next 10 league fixtures with their current squad of pure crap, so come January they will be very low in the table. Im sure they'll get a couple of mercs on board, but the real surgery will start next summer assuming they survive. Maybe they get a Lingard or a Umtiti in but they wont get a sterling when championship is even a slim possibility.

I'm a big fan of Sterling and his legacy at our club.

That being said. He's on a downward spiral and we should offload him to Newcastle for £90m.
The Saudi cartel can afford to pay well over the odds. I hear the oligarch paid over $300 million for a fake painting recently. We should demand exactly the same as Levy demands for Kane, both equally skillful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.