#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
More akin to £400k mate. It’s us that won’t give him the £300-350k he wants now.
reckon 300k-350k is deffo on the table for Sterling from the club. Raheem is the one delaying because he wants to see what his game time is like this season

Does the club want to get the best out of Sterling though. I can't help but feel with signing Grealish and impact Foden is having, we are not going to be going back to the 18/19 days anytime soon. We have more technically gifted wingers, a bigger spread of goalscorers and assists and the defence works differently also.

Unfortunately Sterling is too high profile to keep around for a super sub or to play rotation or if we want to setup differently in a particular game. He needs to start every week.

Unless he magically becomes this false 9 we want I don't see how its going to work.
I get what you're saying, but it seems daft to suggest that any club wouldn't want to get the best out of any player!

An 'on form' Raheem Sterling would be of greater value than Jack Grealish, Gabriel Jesus or Riyad Mahrez on the pitch, and probably worth in the region of £70m to City (if it was decided to sell him).

As successful as it has been, you can bet that the 'false nine' system will be put on the shelf the day we sign a decent striker. There's little doubt that we will sign a striker next summer, if not in the January window. That's when we'll need a player with Raheem's strengths to play alongside them to pick up bits and pieces.

Don't write him off so easily.

Spanish media saying he agreed for Barca to make a move in Jan. I find it hard to believe however

Spanish media saying he agreed for Barca to make a move in Jan. I find it hard to believe however

On loan to Barca until the end if the season, with an option to buy.

What is it with the Spanish football press and media, and their never ending player loans from City to bail out Barcelona headline and stories? Do they think City are a player charity club?

What a croc of shite!

Sterling’s team have told City that is his preference, also told City he’s happy to sit his contract out. Happened last week and caused me to post “see ya Raz”. Now of course it could be a negotiation tactic but he, like Garcia and Sane et al before him, can jog on as far as I’m concerned.

Sterling’s team have told City that is his preference, also told City he’s happy to sit his contract out. Happened last week and caused me to post “see ya Raz”. Now of course it could be a negotiation tactic but he, like Garcia and Sane et al before him, can jog on as far as I’m concerned.
Interesting... when you say his team, who do you mean because he doesn’t have an agent anymore?

Interesting... when you say his team, who do you mean because he doesn’t have an agent anymore?

His management team/agent/lawyer whoever mate, I wasn’t there and wasn’t given details. The bit I heard about Sterling was about 15 seconds of a 30 minute phone call with a client of mine.

I’ll throw it out to @Ric and @tolmie's hairdoo and ask if either have heard similar this week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.