#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parting is such sweet sorrow and the lad has given us some amazing moments while he's been here, but at this moment in time its hard to argue that he would/should be in our strongest team. Better to let him move on? Probably.

Sterling’s team have told City that is his preference, also told City he’s happy to sit his contract out. Happened last week and caused me to post “see ya Raz”. Now of course it could be a negotiation tactic but he, like Garcia and Sane et al before him, can jog on as far as I’m concerned.

He met with the manager a couple weeks back and they "agreed to disagree."

City have briefed he will not be allowed to leave in January, but the info you have been passed isn't too far from the truth.

He promised to reprise talks after the summer break, having previously cited his lack of representation, outside of his lawyers.

Raheem has now gone back on that and talks are presently off.

Barcelona have been speaking to his people and City are resigned to him wanting to leave.

I don't think City are buying his bluff of being willing to wait the final two years out.

Not when his reps are saying he wants to go in Jan.

That's amateur.

I'd take the Barca loan with a firm commitment to buy next summer.

He will only entertain two or three clubs, and most wouldn't pay a fee.

City have briefed he will not be allowed to leave in January, but the info you have been passed isn't too far from the truth.

He promised to reprise talks after the summer break, having previously cited his lack of representation, outside of his lawyers.

Barcelona have been speaking to his people and City are resigned to him wanting to leave.

I don't think City are buying his bluff of being willing to wait the final two years out.

That's amateur.

Feels inevitable and despite some on here still backing his corner, my view is that a clean slate is needed for all.

Sterling’s situation is very much the elephant in the room at the moment and I don’t think his heads in it anymore which is effecting his ability on the pitch and weighing him down.

Fresh start for him to get back to his best in a new environment, the last chance for us to get a decent-ish wedge to reinvest in an actual striker that’s going to be far more effective than playing Raz as a 9 (like Pep is doing so far this season).

That's amateur.

Why would he renew at this point? He actually seems to be in a worse position in the squad than he was in the second half of last season, despite a brilliant Euros. It's bizarre.

I honestly think there's been a complete breakdown in the relationship between him and Pep and it's such a shame. Raz isn't doing the business on the pitch and Pep isn't inclined to do him any favours by sticking him through the middle.

It was almost inevitable that Pep would irreparably fall out with one of our top players at some point. Hell, had Jesus not got that injury quickly after arriving in 2017, Aguero may well have been out the door that summer. His intensity and demands are unparalleled and while it generally works brilliantly, things can occasionally turn sour. I wouldn't change Pep for the world, of course. But it doesn't make it any less sad.

Last edited:
Feels inevitable and despite some on here still backing his corner, my view is that a clean slate is needed for all.
That’s this place though. When it was announced Aguero was leaving, some one here lost their shit and called Pep all sorts.

That’s the Aguero who was the greatest striker in PL history and whose legs went 18 months ago and hasn’t been fit to play for Barca yet.

Some fans find it hard to accept the realities of life and that every story has a final chapter. If Sterling leaves then I’ll wish him well and know we had his best years and upset the scousers. What’s not to love?

Big big fan but it is time to sell, he was not commited in his last game regardless of his success/failure rate, we can not afford a player that does not give his all, look at the difference between Bernando and Sterling. Sterling has five years at the top left so £10 to £15 million a year is reasonable and allows all his suitiors a seat at the table

Might get an extra couple of Million now he's blagged his way into the balon'dor or whatever the fuck it's called nominations.
Time to say goodbye as it doesn't seem he's commited to the cause. Thanks for the memories and good luck.

If he doesn't want to stay then so be it, he isn't in the starting 11 right now anyways.

Foden, Mahrez, Jesus, and Grealish are great winger options who are performing better right now.

We also have Cole Palmer and Samuel Edozie in the academy who are looking promising as winger options with Cole also able to play midfield.

And last year Carlos Borges was absolutely killing it for the U18s and smashed records (although I think he started this season injured).

Buy Haaland as a replacement (buy him anyways even if Sterling stays) and this squad is sitting pretty for 10 years when you factor in the academy players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.