#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all of the front 3 were poor today
all had moments like most of the team.
The angle of the pass was indeed excellent, I thought it just held up a little and prevented Gabby from taking it a tiny bit earlier, but that could have been down to the conditions as much as Sterling marginally under-hitting it
Yeah, bit of both i think and the keeper was out like a flash. Some good bring downs and layoffs into Gundo through most of the 2nd half. Terrible last 10, and rightly hooked but did enough considering the pitch/weather to keep on a steady upward trend compared to previous.

was nice to see Mahrez in the #9 and not nailed to RW for once, gotta be he least inflexible member of the squad postition wise.

will never play well on the left, his only chance of reviving his city career is on the right, but we have the players in that position.

will never play well on the left, his only chance of reviving his city career is on the right, but we have the players in that position.
if he wants the right i think its his imo needs to lose this fantasy or being robben or bale. If he accepts his limitations and accepts that his best position is on the right he would be fine. His competition on the right is mahrez and jesus he can beat them just because of goals.

Mahrez's disallowed goal yesterday shows to me there's no reason why he can't perform well on the left, by the way. for me, ditch the "opposite foot wingers" thing altogether, play jesus and sterling on the right and phil & riyad on the left.

definitely improved in the past month, he's looking a bit more like his former self. Seems to be getting his confidence back.

Still feel he hampers the fluidity of the team at times, just doesn't really have that ease and control over the ball like the others do.

Thought he was piss poor yesterday. Played well against Everton and PSG but created very little yesterday on the left, cutting back constantly and refusing to drive at defenders (which is his biggest strength)

I’ve tried to work out the logic here but I can’t think who other than Mahrez is a pure right wing/right attacking midfielder.

Grealish is left footed, Foden is left footed (but also the second coming and can play anywhere) and deployed most effectively on the left - just happen to have displaced Sterling.

Jesus has operated anywhere across the front 3, Bernardo operates best as a central attacking midfielder but when KDB is in, finds himself pushed out to the right. If Sterling is good enough he should be beating these 2 to the right wing position, when Mahrez isn’t there.

Ferran is the only player left and he’s played 28 times in 2 years (4 this year due to injury etc) and a huge chunk of that he’s played as a striker.

Aside from anything else, Sterling has to be earning his place on merit, and if he hasn’t been beating these players, performance-wise, in training then why should he be deployed on the right, just because he supposedly plays better there?He never normally plays on the right for the national team for whom he gets most credit.

There was a time I’d have agreed with the Sterling on the right thing, but if that’s where he plays his best football, yet others perform better, why should we shoehorn him in?

He’s improved the past couple of weeks but that shouldn’t result in him displacing others, when they’re offering just as much or more.
Grealish is one of the most right footed players I’ve ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.