#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I am slightly critical about Sterling’s performances, today he was great and deserved a hattrick. Hope he keep this going and make me eat my words.
Mate, if the last few months haven't convinced you, nothing will. Not a winner in the Champions League final, not a 25+ goal season in the Premier League, not overtaking Agüero as our top scorer.

Anyone who still believes that he's anything other than a great winger by now will never change their mind.

1 in 3 thus far in his career, 129 in 323 for city and he can’t finish (:

let’s have it right, if he signs on, which I’m hoping for his peak years, he could get close to all time records, well done Raz, keep putting the ‘media’ driven narrative in its deserved place!

He's an extremely bad penalty taker, I'm happy to admit as much even though he's one of my favourite ever footballers.

If that penalty actually mattered, I'd be fuming because taking a decisive penalty when you know you're not good at them is a selfish move.

But I completely understand why he wanted to go for the hat-trick tonight and I can forgive him deciding to take it because he'd already done the hard work to get us into a position where we could afford to miss it in the first place.
Its odd because he buried the one in the cup final against Chelsea a few years back but this technique he is using recently is shite.

Its odd because he buried the one in the cup final against Chelsea a few years back but this technique he is using recently is shite.

Yeah I agree
To be fair, both Messi and Ronaldo seem to be below average at penalties, and I reckon there are overweight middle-aged YouTubers who would score more pens than most PL footballers. I don't look at it as a good measure of how good a player is.

He's actually played better than that regularly these last few months, difference is the end product was there today. I'll take the end product every day, that's what he's in the side for. Well done raz. Just please stop taking penalties, It may be bullshit but I heard somebody say he's missed two thirds of his penalties which is abysmal.

He's an extremely bad penalty taker, I'm happy to admit as much even though he's one of my favourite ever footballers.

If that penalty actually mattered, I'd be fuming because taking a decisive penalty when you know you're not good at them is a selfish move.

But I completely understand why he wanted to go for the hat-trick tonight and I can forgive him deciding to take it because he'd already done the hard work to get us into a position where we could afford to miss it in the first place.

He's scored from 5 of his last 6 penalties and he's obviously made a concerted effort at volunteering for them post Euro 2020 so get used to him taking them would be my advice.

He gets deserved criticism , today he deserves praise for that display.

If that's true, why don't Grealish, Foden, Jesus or Mahrez get anywhere near the same criticism when they put in equally ineffective displays? It is literally only Raheem who gets criticised to the point where people say he should be sold even though he's actually a great deal more productive than most of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.