#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the " never have been" which is most worrying . So you didn't rate him as a young player for Liverpool, under Pelligrini , as an England regular, and 5 years under Pep?

Is it his Football? or something about the person you have never been a fan of ?
Don't worry
I wish people would not try and look for something that isn't there. For us, I have never rated him. I have been consistent in my views unlike many who are up and down about him.

Don't worry
I wish people would not try and look for something that isn't there. For us, I have never rated him. I have been consistent in my views unlike many who are up and down about him.

Harry Redknapp and Neil Warnock are similar I suppose, they either "fancy" a player or "don't rate" them .

I wasn't implying anything , just trying to understand the statement. At matches I hear plenty of different negative comments about Sterling and they have not all been football related.

Pep must see something that you don't though , would you agree ?

Don't worry

I don't know where people get this idea that there is some kind of inherent merit in consistency.

All you're saying is that you don't rate him even when he's been one of our best and most important players and that's bizarre.

The reason why others have been "up and down about him" is because his form has been up and down the last couple of seasons so that's a pretty normal perspective to take.

You've just admitted that you've never rated him regardless of his performances and then tried to pass that off as normal.

I don't really think you can blame other people for reading your comments and thinking you might have an ulterior motive because you just come across as having some sort of weird grudge.

You can't even praise the guy without adding in "but just to be clear, I never rated him" or "I'm not fan of sterling but..."

Harry Redknapp and Neil Warnock are similar I suppose, they either "fancy" a player or "don't rate" them .

I wasn't implying anything , just trying to understand the statement. At matches I hear plenty of different negative comments about Sterling and they have not all been football related.

Pep must see something that you don't though , would you agree ?
Pep sees things we all don't see. It's a forum for posters to post their opinions. What gets posted is all noise in the scheme of things

I will always love him, proudly so. Yeah, he's clumsy sometimes, but so was the Goat. If a player scores over 100 goals for City and wins a bucket-load of trophies, they deserve legend status.

£44m, he cost. And he left Liverpool to come to us. I can understand why some people find him frustrating but I'll never understand the anger he draws out of some people. We've all fallen in love with worse players.

Great performance from Sterling against Norwich. Beat his man regularly on the wing to create a lot of dangerous situations. And, oh, by the way, scored a hat trick. This'll put the Sterling haters to rest for awhile.

Sure he does.

PEP post Norwich:
"For his confidence it will be massive," said City boss Guardiola. "The first goal is brilliant - when Raheem executes without thinking, he is excellent.

"I am so happy for him because strikers need to score for confidence for the next games. He had a fantastic game, especially after the goal he was confident and more aggressive, direct and scored a fantastic goal.

"He has been an incredibly important player in all these seasons, with all the goals and assists, and when he has confidence he's a really, really important player."

It goes down to what we already know:
it's about confidence. We have seen over the years what he's able to produce including high technical standards.
But we have been witnessing times with zero confidence and - surprise - it was a pain to watch.

Now we can only guess about the future considering a new contract: is his above-average physicality enough to compensate for his weaknesses and times of low confidence or can we find an alternative who will be a guaranteed upgrade in his position?

A bit of "cod" psychology. Raz does not trust his sub-conscious ability, he rthinks", instead of giving free rein to his inbuilt natural ability. Fear of failure over-rides instinct. I cannot recall a City player so "Jeckle and Hyde" , who can turn me from agony to ecstacy in a heartbeat, and i have seen hundreds. His first goal ystery was an exception maybe because he has done it in the past, and knows he can do it. Fans frustration is understandable when he fluffs the basic stuff, especially in crucial situations, like striking the ball cleanly. Manager's nightmare ....

Are most dangerous player , never hides , his movement is second to none , no winger scores as many taps in as he does , he is are top goalscorer in the league this season with 10 goals 6 behind Salah despite only starting 15 games

I'll say it again, some of our fans prefer players who only ever try the safe option to players who constantly look to make something happen and fail half the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.