#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's had more comebacks than Rocky this kid. You just can't write him off or keep him down for long, or at least you're a fool if you do. Gotta admire him for that if nothing else - except there's loads more to admire him for.
His numbers by the time he eventually leaves will be phenomenal.

Don't worry
I wish people would not try and look for something that isn't there. For us, I have never rated him. I have been consistent in my views unlike many who are up and down about him.
Absurd. You sat and watched him as an integral part of the best seasons an English side has ever produced two years running, and never once rated him. Yeah, OK.

Last edited:
Absurd. You sat and watched him as an integral part of the best season an English side has ever produced two years running, and never once rated him. Yeah, OK.
It's true, which is why it's hard to take him seriously on this subject. He will leave City as one of our most decorated players honors wise and will personally be up there with the greatest players we've ever had when it comes to goals/assists.
Yet posters on Bluemoon are proudly telling everyone how they've NEVER rated him, regardless of the evidence in front of their eyes telling them he's been a fucking huge success.
I've been pissed off with him from time to time and was worried we had seen the best of him but this lad doesn't know when to quit and you've gotta admire him for that if nothing else.

Sterling isn't the best of finishers and will likely never be. But he's got loads of talent. Which means he's simultaneously exiting and frustrating often in equal measure.

At the same time, he's a prolific goal scorer. From yesterday's game versus Norwich, Matt Holland pointed out that Sterling has now scored more goals in the P/L than Drogba. Amazing!

This is not at all to say that Sterling is as impactful as Drogba - Drogba scored 104 goals in only 254 appearances whereas Sterling had 103 goals in 310 appearances. Drogba also had 55 assists in this time versus Sterling's 52 assists.

Sterling is obviously no Drogba (differing positions aside). Yet he's hugely impactful and as a wing player is a big part of our offense.

I stand by my impressions of Sterling, but I’m made up for him that he got a hat trick in a convincing City win yesterday.

Watched the game late last night after getting in from work. Effort cannot be faulted, and it always gives him a chance. Yesterday, he took a few of them.

Runs hot and cold, and not only game to game, but from one period within a game to another. However, there is almost nothing bad you can say about a player on a day he scores a hat trick, so it’d be silly to bother.

VERY GLAD to see he scored important goals and bagged himself a game ball!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.