#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I let out a sigh everytime he's played through down the left because I know before it's happened he's not going to take on the clear shot at goal with his left foot and will instead waste the chance entirely in favour of cutting in onto his right and doing nothing with it. It's criminal he can't and won't use his left foot. And how he missed that header I'll never know, that was a lyon and Burnley level of miss. At the end of his career he will have hundreds of goals but he will have one hell of a stinker of a misses youtube compilation. He was by no means poor but I think good is too generous, it was a bog standard average sterling performance, some bits of class that only happen with him in the side mixed with the guaranteed wastefulness that again only happens with him in the side. As long as he scores and we win the rest can continue to be ignored. Can and hopefully will have an important role to play for the rest of the season but it should be primarily from the bench in my opinion, foden and mahrez flanking jesus is our best front 3 with sterling first option from the bench for either flank.

All that said only 10 City players have scored more goals for the club than Sterling.

It was must be tiresome to carry the level of hatred some of you walk around with.

Raheem can WALK into ANY club in world football and be guaranteed a start. But this is what happens when fans get spoilt and the others are judging him for “non football” reasons.

I let out a sigh everytime he's played through down the left because I know before it's happened he's not going to take on the clear shot at goal with his left foot and will instead waste the chance entirely in favour of cutting in onto his right and doing nothing with it. It's criminal he can't and won't use his left foot. And how he missed that header I'll never know, that was a lyon and Burnley level of miss. At the end of his career he will have hundreds of goals but he will have one hell of a stinker of a misses youtube compilation. He was by no means poor but I think good is too generous, it was a bog standard average sterling performance, some bits of class that only happen with him in the side mixed with the guaranteed wastefulness that again only happens with him in the side. As long as he scores and we win the rest can continue to be ignored. Can and hopefully will have an important role to play for the rest of the season but it should be primarily from the bench in my opinion, foden and mahrez flanking jesus is our best front 3 with sterling first option from the bench for either flank.
It's just wrong ie. factually inaccurate to say that Sterling won't use his left foot, he's one of the relatively few in the Premier League who attempts to be two footed. Not that he succeeds! If he could actually shoot consistently, with at least one foot, and also head the ball, then Sterling would be worth twice what he already is. But as we saw earlier with the amazing missed header, he has an extraordinary gift for getting the simplest thing wrong.

I let out a sigh everytime he's played through down the left because I know before it's happened he's not going to take on the clear shot at goal with his left foot and will instead waste the chance entirely in favour of cutting in onto his right and doing nothing with it.
Yesterday it was especially frustrating as there were acres of space to go to his left. Of course, if it would have been Foden than maybe Livramento would have also defended accordingly, but I was just thinking for the whole game that Foden would have scored at least already given how he relishes that shooting opportunity.

Then again, Sterling also scored one. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.