#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sterling would benefit from a move and i can see this happening in the summer. He's been good for us but I think he's reached his ceiling at City. Providing we get a fair fee then I'm ok about him leaving, and he'll be a free agent in summer next year if he doesn't sign a new contract, so if he wants a move then best to get cash in whilst we can.

I think Sterling would benefit from a move and i can see this happening in the summer. He's been good for us but I think he's reached his ceiling at City. Providing we get a fair fee then I'm ok about him leaving, and he'll be a free agent in summer next year if he doesn't sign a new contract, so if he wants a move then best to get cash in whilst we can.
I doubt Sterling will be sold. He's refusing to sign a new deal, so has one eye on doing a Milner on us and walking away for free and pocketing the fee for himself. We should have sold last summer, but we didn't get any offers.

I doubt Sterling will be sold. He's refusing to sign a new deal, so has one eye on doing a Milner on us and walking away for free and pocketing the fee for himself. We should have sold last summer, but we didn't get any offers.
Is he refusing?

Seems like a lot of unverified speculation going on there. He's not signed a contract yet, that much is true but nobody knows why. He may be refusing, he may just be negotiating still.
You definitely don't know if we have received offers for him though, the club don't gossip and I'm sure all parties involved would keep their cards close to their chests.
I'm sure there are plenty of clubs who would snap him up if he became available at a price.

Letting him go on a free wouldn’t be the end of the world. We’d get another season out of him and he’s repaid the £50m fee with his performances over the years. He’ll be nearly 29 at the start of the 23/24 season, so he will probably have peaked considering he relies so much on his physical attributes. I can see one outgoing forward this summer, it’s either Sterling or Jesus. I can’t see many clubs wanting to fork out for either, but I’d say City would rather sell Jesus this summer and take the hit on Sterling leaving for free next year.

Electric today and has to start these upcoming big games on the left with Mahrez on the right.

Electric today and has to start these upcoming big games on the left with Mahrez on the right.
Both of his assists are more of a product of being on the right, less likely on the left.

That being said, the duo does work, Mahrez being more of a creator and Sterling a goal scorer, but we do see a different Sterling than today on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.