#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great composure, great contribution. Well done Raheem we are behind you 100%.
Ahh, the Sterling can do no wrong brigade are out in force again. If someone was shit you’re allowed to say so you know. It doesn’t make you any less of a City fan.

He wasn’t the right sub for KBD for me last night. Everything bounced off him and when we needed it to stick, it often came straight back.

Sterling went down easy a few times thinking he'd get a free but the ref wasn't having any of it.

It was a smart thing to do (as Fernandinho showed) when legitimately hacked at.

But Sterling was doing it for taps. It's a part of his game tbh that I don't like. And last night I thought it was quite annoying because we needed physical toughness to get a grip on the game.

(To be fair to Sterling, Mahrez wasn't a Spartan either)

Absolutely. With them having to chase a goal, space behind was becoming available, but Sterling didn't take advantage.
Correct me if wrong, I think he wasn't even played in once yesterday by our midfield ? He had to pretty much fight for long balls from Ederson against tough defenders on his own like a proper CF, which he isn't. Also, didn't he create a pretty good chance for Ilkay in added time ? Genuinely don't understand the criticism for yesterday's performance.

Correct me if wrong, I think he wasn't even played in once yesterday by our midfield ? He had to pretty much fight for long balls from Ederson against tough defenders on his own like a proper CF, which he isn't. Also, didn't he create a pretty good chance for Ilkay in added time ? Genuinely don't understand the criticism for yesterday's performance.

I think that Pep's choice was more to be blamed than Raz himself.

Raz would be a great threat from behind if KDB was in the midfield.

But choose to deploy Raz when KDB was injuried and we were losing battled everywhere in the midfield - seemed to be an odd choice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.