#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for Raz. He knows that there are so many City fans who have taken a 'dislike' to him or who criticise his every move that it has affected his confidence (IMHO). I know from personal experience that if someone keeps criticising and scrutinising every move you make you start to not only doubt yourself but also start hesitating at things that a few months or a year ago you would have just gone for without a second thought.

I hope Raz renews his contract and stays with City, he is a good lad, a great player and just needs to rebuild his confidence. Maybe a few renditions of 'There's only one Raheem Sterling, one Raheem Sterling' might help now and again instead of collective groans!

Just my humble opinion and thoughts. He's a City player and deserves our support. Well he gets mine. :-)

Well it isn't really is it ? All of those players were at the end of their career and had negligible resale value.

They all served out their contracts and left to carry on playing, at the top level for Aguero.

To be honest, any City fan who compares Raheem Sterling at City to Pogba at United can do one, I shouldn't have replied.

Enjoyed the article, but honestly I think the disconnect between sterling and the city fans has more to do with his business like demeanor and displaying less than zero affection or connection to City as a club despite being here for 7 years. If you compare him to Kompany, Zaba or even de Bruyne. There just isn't a sense he cares about City. Which is fine, not every player is like that or can be like that and if they deliver goals and points for City that's fantastic. But when there's no connection, it's purely about doing it on the pitch, when you have bad form like sterling has had in recent years then there's no sympathy or desire for you to get good again, people just want you gone instead.

But man is running down his deal so he can walk over the road to one of our rivals right now, and no legend of the club would be doing that. I think his Legacy will be a bit like Tevez or something in the end. Appreciated and important but with asterisks. No statue for him.
What has KDB ever done differently to sterling to show he cares for the club? Or that he has an affection to the fans? Or that he doesn’t have a business like demeanour?

It is akin to buying a new car and after 5 years I decided to give it away for nothing because the car has done its job and got me from A to B.

That's a pretty shit take.

We never bought Raheem Sterling. We don't own him. We paid his previous club a fee in order to register him as our player before his contract there expired. Beyond that, we pay him a wage as an employee.

The fact that you're comparing him to an inanimate object and seem to think that he is our property is actually pretty telling.

That's a pretty shit take.

We never bought Raheem Sterling. We don't own him. We paid his previous club a fee in order to register him as our player before his contract there expired. Beyond that, we pay him a wage as an employee.

The fact that you're comparing him to an inanimate object and seem to think that he is our property is actually pretty telling.
Nothing telling about it. My view is very simple. The club paid a fee for a player and when the players moves to another club we should receive a fee. Everything in between is just noise. My opinion or your opinion or how you view players is not the issue. The club is a business not a charity.

The original point is that no matter the player.I take the view that if they want to move the club is entitled to receive a fee and not be screwed by said player. I have repeated this point enough now to leave the discussion at this point.

Nothing telling about it. My view is very simple. The club paid a fee for a player and when the players moves to another club we should receive a fee. Everything in between is just noise. My opinion or your opinion or how you view players is not the issue. The club is a business not a charity.

The original point is that no matter the player.I take the view that if they want to move the club is entitled to receive a fee and not be screwed by said player. I have repeated this point enough now to leave the discussion at this point.
The club isn't a charity, but the player is?

Why is it that a multi-billion pound business should expect an employee to put it's financial interests above their own?

The club isn't a charity, but the player is?

Why is it that a multi-billion pound business should expect an employee to put it's financial interests above their own?
Fair point. Just like many others on the forum.

Going by your reasoning City should have reduced his wages over the last few season to reflect his input. Why should a club suffer financially because a player is not performing to the required level? ;)

Player before club is not something I can get onboard with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.