#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure sterling is thinking about a big fat signing on bonus. Players who run down contracts disrespect the club imo. Leave by all means but do so in a respectful manner.

Greed and self preservation is what makes the world turn after all.

I think you may well be right about the motive, but whilst the rules exist it leaves it open to the player to use it to their advantage.

You’re the one who stated it. I was asking your reasoning.

However, a player can honour his contract however he likes. It was agreed to by both him and the club. People may not like it, ala Milner, however they can stay the duration and leave for free if they wish. We are owed nothing, nor is he.
An opinion you are entitled to hold. I don’t agree. He is leaving city a better player. The club has FFP crawling all over it and any money we receive is welcome. The club is not a charity. Player signed for huge fee, receives huge wages and walks away leaving us with not a penny is not a good look.

An opinion you are entitled to hold. I don’t agree. He is leaving city a better player. The club has FFP crawling all over it and any money we receive is welcome. The club is not a charity. Player signed for huge fee, receives huge wages and walks away leaving us with not a penny is not a good look.
That’s an interesting take that could be switched. The player is not a charity and his contribution as in sterling’s case has made the club untold fortunes and trophies as part of a collective effort. He puts in huge effort in training and regularly plays at a level our club has never known consistently which despite some of our pickiness means he’s a top player. He wasn’t born in Cheetham, he’s doesn’t have our devotion to the club and is doing nothing outside of the rules by running his contract down. He’s not one of my preferred players and I’d quite like to see him move on but I appreciate how much of a nightmare he can be for defenders given the right circumstances and the contribution he’s made to the success we’ve all enjoyed. In short neither party owe each other anything if at the end a mutually agreed contract is honoured.

That’s an interesting take that could be switched. The player is not a charity and his contribution as in sterling’s case has made the club untold fortunes and trophies as part of a collective effort. He puts in huge effort in training and regularly plays at a level our club has never known consistently which despite some of our pickiness means he’s a top player. He wasn’t born in Cheetham, he’s doesn’t have our devotion to the club and is doing nothing outside of the rules by running his contract down. He’s not one of my preferred players and I’d quite like to see him move on but I appreciate how much of a nightmare he can be for defenders given the right circumstances and the contribution he’s made to the success we’ve all enjoyed. In short neither party owe each other anything if at the end a mutually agreed contract is honoured.
Player signed for a fee and should leave for a fee. He is well paid each week and the club did get remuneration in some form with the commercial growth from winning trophies.

Should we just let all the players leave for free?

Player signed for a fee and should leave for a fee. He is well paid each week and the club did get remuneration in some form with the commercial growth from winning trophies.

If they’ve completed the contractual obligations then of course we should.

Bosman says yes.

The new FFP rules, which start kicking in next season, mean that players won't be allowed to run down their contracts. Profit on sale will be included in football income and we'll have to keep players costs (wages + amortisation + agent fees) down to 70% of income from 2024/25.

So clubs will look to maximise profits on sale and probably get players signed up to extensions no later than year 3 of their initial contracts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.