#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
With today’s buildup (Sterling at the press-conference, a tweet from City about Sterling’s last performance vs RM) I’m getting the sense he’s starting tommorow.

How many players have left on a free?
I am asking you to justify letting every player to leave for free? How would we manage to buy future players and avoid FFP?

Commercial income and success on the pitch contributes massively to income but we still need to recoup some sort of transfer fee. When we purchased Grealish, pep had to justify the outlay by citing player sales.

It is akin to buying a new car and after 5 years I decided to give it away for nothing because the car has done its job and got me from A to B. Although if I happen to improve the cars performance, I would expect to sell it for a profit, age would be a factor but not a deterrent. Log book is up to date :)

Have you ever purchased an item and then have it away? Rag shirt not included.

I am asking you to justify letting every player to leave for free? How would we manage to buy future players and avoid FFP?

Commercial income and success on the pitch contributes massively to income but we still need to recoup some sort of transfer fee. When we purchased Grealish, pep had to justify the outlay by citing player sales.

It is akin to buying a new car and after 5 years I decided to give it away for nothing because the car has done its job and got me from A to B. Although if I happen to improve the cars performance, I would expect to sell it for a profit, age would be a factor but not a deterrent. Log book is up to date :)

Have you ever purchased an item and then have it away? Rag shirt not included.
This isn’t new and most clubs have managed losing the odd player free perfectly well. We aren’t talking cars, its people who are all different, the alternative of holding onto plaayers when the contract ends isn’t right.
Not sure why Sterling should sign a new one if he is unsure what he wants for the last few years of his career. Maybe the club would rather keep him a year than get a fee too. Maybe we’ll sell him this summer, Maybe he’ll sign a new contract, We don’t know.

Even though Raheem is off form, he was incredible last time he played Madrid. I'd start him, i think he can have a field day against Carvajal. He really does need a big performance in a big game, he hasn't had one imo since early 2020, ironically against Madrid.

Transfer fee is what someone is prepared to pay, not what fans think he is worth. Obvs. No doubt it can divide opinion, JG's fee being the latest.
Personally, i look at Kun's trophy haul, and conclude that the club are pretty good at what they do, and therefore happy to trust them. Easy way out for sure, and a million miles away from having to sell SWP to CFC, and Franny to Derby, buying Steve Daley to "make a statement" and the fiasco of RSC, am confident we are in safe hands.

With today’s buildup (Sterling at the press-conference, a tweet from City about Sterling’s last performance vs RM) I’m getting the sense he’s starting tommorow.

He wouldn't be on my team sheet but a lot depends on who we play at the back. His pace and energy could be needed. And even if he can miss chances, he has scored a shit tonne for City and is generally always a threat. I don't think Real would be happy to see him on the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.