#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really suggesting every Sterling miss is exaggerated?
A lot of them are yes. Like this exact one he’s quoting, the ball is behind him on his left side and he’s still expected to score somehow.

Human beings in 'Make good and bad choices, shocker.'

Raz has done great things for us. At some stage, I hope he is properly appreciated, but this club has always had an issue with scapegoating players. I wish we were more supportive, at times, and realise what we have.

Human beings in 'Make good and bad choices, shocker.'

Raz has done great things for us. At some stage, I hope he is properly appreciated, but this club has always had an issue with scapegoating players. I wish we were more supportive, at times, and realise what we have.
Spot on. Just seen a quote from Alex Iwobi along the lines of “I made a sloppy pass but the fans all applauded it because they saw the intent, that was the first time that had happened”. Basically saying even though he made a mistake, the feeling of the fans applauding and supporting him was an amazing lift. I dont understand how our fanbase thinks it’s acceptable to pile on abuse and criticism on a player who has had so many good spells for us and think that it will do anything other than make a bad situation worse.

Was it necessary to invent 2 offsides to criticise him about? I think that's why @McfcK and others think it's pretty obvious your comments are based in hatred...you're literally inventing stuff to fuel your angry posts.

Sterling is held to a higher standard for some reason than any other player. Every touch, pass, shot is given microanalysis. It says it all that his thread had more pages than Mahrez's did the other night, and he only played fifteen minutes.

He's a guy with over 125 goals for City, has been City's most consistent player since Pep has arrived and yet is talked about like some pub player.

All last summer everyone was telling me Grealish was better at every facet of the game, yet even when Sterling is having a poor season, he contributes more than most of our other attackers.

I've never understood why he's been so disliked by some of our fans, this is a guy who should be a hero. Three Premier League's, Four Carabao Cups and an FA Cup. He's played an enormous part in our recent success.

The misappropriation and misuse of the verbs hate and abuse, on this thread, is something to behold.
Hate: feel intense dislike for
Abuse: treat with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

I think it’s somewhat fair to say some posters on here show an intense dislike for raheem and regularly feel the need to hurl that hatred at him.

Hate: feel intense dislike for
Abuse: treat with cruelty or violence, especially regularly or repeatedly.

I think it’s somewhat fair to say some posters on here show an intense dislike for raheem and regularly feel the need to hurl that hatred at him.
I don't think that it's "fair" to say that at all.
They don't dislike him personally or wish him violence.
If some dont rate his technical abilty or even take the piss out of his finishing - it's not, repeat not "hate"!!
Some people need to grow up aout criticism.

Last edited:
Was it necessary to invent 2 offsides to criticise him about? I think that's why @McfcK and others think it's pretty obvious your comments are based in hatred...you're literally inventing stuff to fuel your angry posts.
No based on frustration , Pep made an error , Jesus was a pain in the arse for the Madrid defence all evening but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.