#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could understand this kind of take if Raheem had stopped giving 100% and was making up niggling injuries to miss games, etc. And likewise if you were calling for City to extend Patrick Roberts' contract out of loyalty as he committed his youth to you.

Your solution would seemingly be for City to "own" Sterling indefinitely - a power dynamic which would certainly prove problematic in this day and age...

In a world where humans aren't treated like cars, I'm sure there is a wage that City can afford to keep Raheem if they want and there is also a price at which they can sell him so they aren't really forced to do anything.

In reality, the challenge is that COVID means there isn't a club out there who could meet City's valuation of Raheem and Raheem's value to City probably isn't at the £300k level that he thinks he could get on a free - hence why it likely makes sense for all parties for him to see out his contract and go.
That’s all well and good. However, Sterling is not good enough to command a starting place and he has refused to sign a new deal. Sterling going for free is not what’s best for a club under heavy scrutiny from FFP. Once he refused to sign, the decision was made on his part to leave for free. Time for both parties to move on this summer with city obtaining some sort of fee.

That’s all well and good. However, Sterling is not good enough to command a starting place and he has refused to sign a new deal. Sterling going for free is not what’s best for a club under heavy scrutiny from FFP. Once he refused to sign, the decision was made on his part to leave for free. Time for both parties to move on this summer with city obtaining some sort of fee.

I think the issue is Raheem isn't at the level of having KdB status at City where he is guaranteed to start every big game (no shame in that as very few are) which is clearly what he craves.

Therefore the best solution is to ship him on - I think City tried to do this last summer in a challenging market but this summer may be the one where they sell for a seriously cut price (£25m?). Only question is whether they would want him going to a domestic or European rival for that amount? Albeit its a bit of a catch 22 as he could go there for free a year later as things stand...

For the reasons above, I am coming round to the idea of him going to Arsenal if they make the CL - they aren't a competitor to City, Arteta knows how to get the best out of him and he would be the star man he clearly craves being there. Perhaps the Jesus links are a bit of a red herring.

Interesting summer ahead!

Ok , he committed two fouls and missed an opportunity from four yards , so he gave up possession on tat least hree occasions , he did f*ck all positive when he was introduced ............................. i really hate Raheem
Two fouls is hardly anything to criticise in the nature of the game. The miss, like always with sterling, is exaggerated.

Two fouls is hardly anything to criticise in the nature of the game. The miss, like always with sterling, is exaggerated.
We don’t have a player on our books who misses the amount of chances he does and how he wildly misses some of the easiest chances we’ve ever created. It’s not a myth, it’s where the frustration is that he could score a rocket then trip up over his own feet on the line with an open net. Players miss chances, nobody does like Raz.

Because if you read the article you would see he was sitting in the etihad at the weekend around fans
I did read the "article" and so by your weirdo logic the GPC for example who can also sometimes be found "sitting in the etihad" can also tell everyone what City fans think? Makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.