#7 | Raheem Sterling - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the inconsistency to even do basic things like pass the ball or have a good touch which is why people get frustrated. If he hasn’t sorted that out now then he never will. We are at the point we need consistently high performers not 1 in 10 okay performances.

I go back to this, he struggles with the basics at the best of times.

Sterling could have easily scored a hattrick, for some odd reason, he some how finds a way to shit the bed. Like WTF Sterling, I nearly destroyed my TV because of him, missing sitters or letting easy chances just glide by and not even make an effort to just stretch out a leg to put the ball into the net. It was like he was trying so hard not to score, it looked so unreal!

We got the full Raheem experience tonight.

Kept their left-back pinned
Was wasteful with the ball
Super dangerous off the ball
Made space for others
Missed a sitter
Missed another sitter
Scored a goal
Yep, summed up his career with us in a 90 minute spell, good, bad and ugly. Smart, hard working, selfless off the ball, playing a key role in an important step to a possible title, missed a fucking sitter before running into the post.

Was running like a demon in the 90th minute for a loose ball. Fluffed some chances but that's what he does. I'll take the bad with the good. Who theoretically is out there that can bring Sterling's positive traits as a winger?

Hoping he stays the summer and is in good graces next year playing next to Thor. Maybe then signs a new contract but if not I will miss him when he is gone.

Whilst he finally got his goal today his movement of the ball to create the space that allowed Kev the space and time he had was brilliant. It’s the selfless runs into space that make space for others when defenders follow him that don’t get appreciated. Football isn’t just about goals and assists.
I'll add to that :
If football isn't just all about goals and assists and control and passing and dribbling and shooting and tackling and keeping the ball and staying on your feet, then he's one of the best.
Great win for the Blues tonight but he really was poor and its a shame Palmer didn't get a run out for 20 mins.
Onward to Sunday, come on Blues you can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.