7 years ago today

Before the official site was changed to the pile of wank it is now, I trawled through the highlights of each game of our Aguero moment season
Balotelli only had one assist that season (we know which one it was) but it was an eye opener to see how many goals he was involved in during the final build up of play
A typical example was when we beat Arsenal at home 1-0 and Silva scored from an Aguero knockdown, but the original shot was from Balotelli

Vulnerability reigned during the reorganisation. Laurent Koscielny shuffled across to right-back but, revealing his centre-half instincts, got drawn inside when Nasri swept the ball through for Balotelli.
The Italian sped on, cutting into the area, slipping past Song, and unleashing a firm drive that Szczesny parried. Agüero leapt with Vermaelen, the ball squeezing across to Silva, who hooked the ball in. This was Poznan time, the fans celebrating the 150th Premier League goal under Mancini.

He was outstanding at times, but unfortunately as already said, didn't apply himself correctly
If he's had boring milner's work ethic and desire, Mario really would have been a world beater

Oh wow he scored a few goals

ok fanboy.... if Im talking Bollocks.. why did we get rid ?

and why did Liverpool?

and why did even the fans turn on him at Inter?

I think you will find he entertained some of us and that is what some people want from football, other people want to win everything by any means possible, that will be those fuckers playing long ball defensive crap but hey 20+ game unbeaten run that saw them go from 6th to 6th or whatever, but some like to be entertained and win something as a bonus.

So you didn't like Balotelli, that is fine and you are welcome to your opinion but why open a fucking thread on him and then spew your bile all over the place, show some intelligence and glance at the title and think do I need to be posting in that thread ? Nope should be the answer and move along to another thread swiftly.

We all know he never fulfilled his talent, the thread wasn't about that though at the end of the day.

Miserable git.

I think you will find he entertained some of us and that is what some people want from football, other people want to win everything by any means possible, that will be those fuckers playing long ball defensive crap but hey 20+ game unbeaten run that saw them go from 6th to 6th or whatever, but some like to be entertained and win something as a bonus.

So you didn't like Balotelli, that is fine and you are welcome to your opinion but why open a fucking thread on him and then spew your bile all over the place, show some intelligence and glance at the title and think do I need to be posting in that thread ? Nope should be the answer and move along to another thread swiftly.

We all know he never fulfilled his talent, the thread wasn't about that though at the end of the day.

Miserable git.
haha maybe you need to read the title of the thread you daft sod, doesnt mention your hero

Mario....a therapist's dream, or nightmare! For every positive a negative. In 50+ years of watching City I'm struggling to think of another player who the vast majority of fans (myself included) were as desperate to see succeed and were ultimately left frustrated (Michael Johnson maybe). Yes, he had his moments, the FA Cup semi-final being his best but if, as many people think, he 'got us' as a club and as fans then why, despite that tremendous support, didn't he have it in him to channel that into his performance on the pitch. That was his time to shine and he'll never have another opportunity like that again...such a waste.
Yes agree totally with you mate, we all wanted him to play like we know he could consistantly
I remember seeing Vinny bollocking him, and the fight he had with Mancini on the training pitch, they seemed to feel like me about his time at City.........totally frustrated.

haha maybe you need to read the title of the thread you daft sod, doesnt mention your hero

No it doesn't my bad, but he isn't my hero, that was Zabs btw well as much as a one as a 45yo guy is going to have a hero.

Still the rest is still valid enough, you could just have sighed and logged off the thread lol

Off the top of my head these were important playing contributions - leaving aside the piss-takes of the rags

1. MOTM in the 2011 Cup Final, you know the one that removed that fucking banner - following on from a top performance as a lone striker in the semi-final.
2.The first two goals in the 6-1 and got Evans red carded, that game was a seminal moment in the club's history, not just the title race.
3. Two goals to scrape a point against Sunderland at home, how fucking important was that in the final analysis?

Sure he had his flaws temperamentally but to suggest he flopped is pure bollocks.

What about THE assist ?

No it doesn't my bad, but he isn't my hero, that was Zabs btw well as much as a one as a 45yo guy is going to have a hero.

Still the rest is still valid enough, you could just have sighed and logged off the thread lol
and you could let posters have have an opinion without hurling personal insults

World at his feet, all the talent in the world but never became more than the 'potential' he could be.

The referees, opposition supporters and media had it in for him since Mourinho's Inter quotes regarding him.

One day he will look back and realise that for a host of reasons, that City was his place and where he should and could have made it. Thankful for his contributions but he is firmly in the bracket that doesn't love football, but made a life from a talent he didn't really care for.

the guy could have become as good and as marketable as neymar if he had truly applied himself. we got to see flashes of his brilliance though, for a short while.
i think he realised too late that his big moment had passed him by after he left city. never really applied himself after.
he will always be fondly thought of by me for his aguero assist alone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.