7 years ago today

Got up off the floor and tucked away the pen against Spuds too in the 3-2. I'd happily sing his song if he ever came back with Nice.

Why? Well, there’ve been four key moments in City’s recent history and Mario figured in all of them. But he only did it in the big games, the media say. Nor did he ‘push on’ as though players emerge predictably like gardenias in a greenhouse.

Another flawed talent I happen to like, Paul Gascoigne, stayed in Rome for three seasons, made 43 appearances and scored six goals. He’s revered by many.

Mario stayed in Manchester for two and a half seasons, made 80 appearances and scored 30 goals. He’s reviled by too many.

Despite the stratospherically high maintenance, Mario’s peaks were enough for this City fan to be grateful. To talk about what he should have done feels by-the-way given his actual deeds.

From me 'Nothing but love' to quote Eccles Blue.

Last edited:
Some gifted players cost you titles ( Rodney Marsh - a First division title and a League Cup) others win you titles .
Balotelli never failed to keep me entertained and without his pass to Kun ................
Super Mario, a nutter but he was our nutter !!
CTID

and you could let posters have have an opinion without hurling personal insults

You are joking right ?

Personal insult "miserable git" Wow, you very precious man but why didn't you mention that in your first reply ? Because strangely I thought it had moved onto having a laugh about it, due to my own error hence the haha in your post and the lol at the end of my own reply.

Well obviously I was wrong about that that's for sure.

Though it seems the miserable git part was fucking right all along.

You are joking right ?

Personal insult "miserable git" Wow, you very precious man but why didn't you mention that in your first reply ? Because strangely I thought it had moved onto having a laugh about it, due to my own error hence the haha in your post and the lol at the end of my own reply.

Well obviously I was wrong about that that's for sure.

Though it seems the miserable git part was fucking right all along.
Its only an opinion pal, no need for name calling..

then again Ive always been a precious miserable get, I know this as my wife frequently tells me haha

article-0-0BAC74EA00000578-650_634x367.jpg

still makes me laugh ;)

Me too.

Off the top of my head these were important playing contributions - leaving aside the piss-takes of the rags

1. MOTM in the 2011 Cup Final, you know the one that removed that fucking banner - following on from a top performance as a lone striker in the semi-final.
2.The first two goals in the 6-1 and got Evans red carded, that game was a seminal moment in the club's history, not just the title race.
3. Two goals to scrape a point against Sunderland at home, how fucking important was that in the final analysis?

Sure he had his flaws temperamentally but to suggest he flopped is pure bollocks.

Well said, mate.

Yes, Mario had his faults, but on his day, he was fucking magical.

One of my favourite Mario goals was against Blackburn (won 4-0, I think) and his acrobatic volley, which broke the deadlock after they had frustrated us for quite some time.

Could have been still at city now with a legend status if he wasn't such a nutter. Imagine a switched on, hard working mario in the team we have now. Tall, fairly pacey and can score goals, we could do with someone like that.

Its only an opinion pal, no need for name calling..

then again Ive always been a precious miserable get, I know this as my wife frequently tells me haha

Well, she would be right ;)

All wives are of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.