7 years ago today

I met him a couple of years ago after the City v Arsenal game in San Carlo....he'd already leaft us and was playing for Liverpool but still enjoyed coming back to Manchester for a meal or night out. He said he loved being at city and missed playing for us...

I loved the guy, lots of character but my goodness what a waste of talent

I met him a couple of years ago after the City v Arsenal game in San Carlo....he'd already leaft us and was playing for Liverpool but still enjoyed coming back to Manchester for a meal or night out. He said he loved being at city and missed playing for us...

I loved the guy, lots of character but my goodness what a waste of talent
So so true. Imagine the player he could have been if he had his talent, and the drive of someone like Tevez, or Bellamy. He'd have been phenomenal, instead of "just" very good. Ah well; that was his choice, I guess. And he was happy to go down that route.

From twitter......

Mario Balotelli with another catastrophic performance tonight for OGC Nice. His temperament & inability to use his team-mates are baffling.Mario Balotelli with another catastrophic performance tonight for OGC Nice. His temperament & inability to use his team-mates are baffling.

Nothing changes does it.

From twitter......

Mario Balotelli with another catastrophic performance tonight for OGC Nice. His temperament & inability to use his team-mates are baffling.Mario Balotelli with another catastrophic performance tonight for OGC Nice. His temperament & inability to use his team-mates are baffling.

Nothing changes does it.

Still getting shit from the unwashed yep nothing changes...

I mean what the feck was he ment to do in this game use his team mates pfttttt

Last edited:
I think you will find he entertained some of us and that is what some people want from football, other people want to win everything by any means possible, that will be those fuckers playing long ball defensive crap but hey 20+ game unbeaten run that saw them go from 6th to 6th or whatever, but some like to be entertained and win something as a bonus.

So you didn't like Balotelli, that is fine and you are welcome to your opinion but why open a fucking thread on him and then spew your bile all over the place, show some intelligence and glance at the title and think do I need to be posting in that thread ? Nope should be the answer and move along to another thread swiftly.

We all know he never fulfilled his talent, the thread wasn't about that though at the end of the day.

Miserable git.
Well said.

Still getting shit from the unwashed yep nothing changes...

I mean what the feck was he ment to do in this game use his team mates pfttttt

Napoli cruised into the Champions League group stage with a 2-0 win at Nice on Tuesday, scoring their first goal as the Ligue 1 side’s striker Mario Balotelli was arguing with match officials on the touchline.

José Callejòn took advantage of Balotelli’s absence in the 48th minute of the play-off round second-leg tie, handing them an away goal which, added to their 2-0 win from the first leg, effectively ended Nice’s challenge as it left the French side needing to score four. Lorenzo Insigne added another goal as the Serie A side completed a comfortable 4-0 aggregate win.

Balotelli, who missed the first leg through injury, was sluggish, off the pace and never threatened the Napoli goal. The Italian was eventually substituted during the second half to jeers from the home fans.

The low point of the striker’s evening came shortly after the start of the second half, when he went over to the touchline and became embroiled in an argument with match officials. The row appeared to centre on a white bandage over his wrist which French media said was covering up a bracelet – banned under the laws of the game.

While Balotelli was arguing, Marek Hamsik crossed from the left and Callejòn, unmarked at the far post, scored easily.

The Nice coach Lucien Favre reacted furiously to the goal while Balotelli continued his discussion with officials. Insigne wrapped things up in the 89th minute, collecting Faouzi Ghoulam’s pass and firing into the corner.

“I don’t want to comment on Balotelli,” Favre said afterwards. “It wasn’t very satisfactory, it was not good enough.” He also complained that Balotelli was too slow in leaving the field when he was substituted.

Napoli cruised into the Champions League group stage with a 2-0 win at Nice on Tuesday, scoring their first goal as the Ligue 1 side’s striker Mario Balotelli was arguing with match officials on the touchline.

José Callejòn took advantage of Balotelli’s absence in the 48th minute of the play-off round second-leg tie, handing them an away goal which, added to their 2-0 win from the first leg, effectively ended Nice’s challenge as it left the French side needing to score four. Lorenzo Insigne added another goal as the Serie A side completed a comfortable 4-0 aggregate win.

Balotelli, who missed the first leg through injury, was sluggish, off the pace and never threatened the Napoli goal. The Italian was eventually substituted during the second half to jeers from the home fans.

The low point of the striker’s evening came shortly after the start of the second half, when he went over to the touchline and became embroiled in an argument with match officials. The row appeared to centre on a white bandage over his wrist which French media said was covering up a bracelet – banned under the laws of the game.

While Balotelli was arguing, Marek Hamsik crossed from the left and Callejòn, unmarked at the far post, scored easily.

The Nice coach Lucien Favre reacted furiously to the goal while Balotelli continued his discussion with officials. Insigne wrapped things up in the 89th minute, collecting Faouzi Ghoulam’s pass and firing into the corner.

“I don’t want to comment on Balotelli,” Favre said afterwards. “It wasn’t very satisfactory, it was not good enough.” He also complained that Balotelli was too slow in leaving the field when he was substituted.
Why wasn't in the highlights?

One of the games genuine enigma's, who despite his antics, reputation and ability to divide fans opinion is clearly a very decent human being. Every person I know who's been lucky enough to meet him have said despite his flash exterior he is a humble chap with no airs and graces.

I don't think it was ever a lack of effort with Mario, more a case of him not being wired up to be a professional footballer. He was obviously a brilliant individual footballer, but not a team player and always on the teetering on the edge of disaster.

Despite all his flaws I'd have him back tomorrow, as he has the ckub in his heart and I genuinely think Pep' s arm around him might be just what he needs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.